Ultimaker 3 release date ?

matthieu

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3 release date ?

Traveling to time release date, I like it! That means that I could buy one 9 months ago! Now we just need the energy of a small red dwarf

Wormholeg.gif

Totally doable!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted · Ultimaker 3 release date ?

I think I need to see the math on that one :p

8) It went something like:

UM3 needs 1.21 Giga Watts / (24*9.2) = 5500 more power than UM2.

UM2 prints up to 10mm3/s, so UM3 up to 55000mm3/s or 55gm/s or 18s/kg

You missed some zeros there, actually 1.21GW / (24V*9.2A) ~= 5500000

Therefore 1kg should be printed within 18 milliseconds ;)

• Like 1

How many hamsters are necessary to run the new printer?

A single hamster provides us with 1/2072th of a horsepower[1]. One horsepower is ~745 watt, so if the machine requires 1.21 gigawatt, we need 1 210 000 000 / 745 * 2072 = 3,365,261,744.97 hamsters, provided that we can use the hamsters at 100% efficiency.

[1]http://en.allexperts.com/q/Science-Kids-3250/hamster-science.htm

• Like 6

nallath said:

flowalistik said:

How many hamsters are necessary to run the new printer?

A single hamster provides us with 1/2072th of a horsepower[1]. One horsepower is ~745 watt, so if the machine requires 1.21 gigawatt, we need 1 210 000 000 / 745 * 2072 = 3,365,261,744.97 hamsters, provided that we can use the hamsters at 100% efficiency.

Create a Portal between two points, drop an ultimaker inside, wind powered gravity falling ultimaker. Good for pla cooling also!

• Like 1

I think I will become a hamster seller.

$3 a hamster with a 50% discount if you buy 10.

So if my half asleep brain is right I should make $50,478,242,617.455 per printer.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I would not buy an UM2+ anymore because there will be a release of a new machine within a few months maximum. You can quote me on this ;)

I'll correct myself. I would not buy an UM2+ anymore, especially when you are someone who wants the latest of the latest products released.

Can't wait for the network capabilities they will introduce! How about dual extrusion, probably not sure about this one.

I've already reserved a nice spot on my desk for this new machine, can't wait!

;)

• Like 1

I am also in a big dilemma, I want to buy bunch of UM's (10) for my workplace,

I convinced them that UM is the better choice, but I would look real silly if UM will release a newer version in the next month or so :D

I am tempted to look for another printer, that just renewed it's lineup, so I would be sure as not to look like a fool :(

can anybody give me a hint if I should go ahead and order or wait a month or two ?

or privately give me a go or no ?

The people that could tell you have NDAs that prevent them to do that...

But in this interview from early this year: https://all3dp.com/ultimaker-interview/

Jos (Ultimaker CEO) said “we will launch new machines this year with new functionalities and new software. Even sooner than a lot of people would expect it.”

Edited by Guest
    • Like 2

But in this interview from early this year: https://all3dp.com/ultimaker-interview/

Jos (Ultimaker CEO) said “we will launch new machines this year with new functionalities and new software. Even sooner than a lot of people would expect it.”

And that's why I thought it would be out by now :D

is there a big 3D printing even still happening this year, where they might launch the new model ?

It's getting really silly with all these company secrets (But I do know why), but all it does is frustrate users :(

Edited by Guest

And that's why I thought it would be out by now :D

is there a big 3D printing even still happening this year, where they might launch the new model ?

It's getting really silly with all these company secrets (But I do know why), but all it does is frustrate users :(

IMO just wait a few months before buying ;)

Edited by Guest

IMO just wait a few months before buying ;)

Then it will be 2017, and that will not be "This Year"  :)

For me "a few" is 2 or 3 ;)

Your telling me " een paar maanden" ?

and a "paar" is 2 :LOL

I hear what you are saying, but I already delayed the purchase for 2 months, and I have to make the decision this week :(

Guess I am going to be one of those buyers, that reads about the new UM3 weeks after buying the UM2's :)

I hear what you are saying, but I already delayed the purchase for 2 months, and I have to make the decision this week :(

Guess I am going to be one of those buyers, that reads about the new UM3 weeks after buying the UM2's :)

Maybe if you are willing to buy more than X printers you can talk with Ultimaker and ask them for their opinion as it is a big investment. I don't think it will work, but maybe you talk with an intern and it tells you everything! :p

@Xeno: I don't want to question your process of decision, but shouldn't the question in this case be whether an existing printer can match your needs or not?

So if the UM2+ can everything you need buy some of them. If not, you may have to consider even other printers than the Ultimaker (Ultimaker will maybe hate me for this - sorry guys). It's not a bad thing for a company to buy products which exist some time on the market and have less flaws than a brand new product (the version .0 effect). Waiting for the new product is rather a prosumer thing I think.

Maybe you can also split the order? Buying 5 now and 5 later? You certainly can raise the topic of volume discount with 10 machines.

• Like 1

@Xeno I feel your pain. I pondered for weeks my UMO purchase and as luck would have it, the UM2 came out 13 days later. Since I bought a kit, no refund Arrrgggggghhhhhh.

I work for a software company and the one thing we hate is sales starting to tell everyone that something new will be released "soon"... since customers will always want the latest, with the assumption it's the greatest..

so here's the deal and it's been said before;

does the UM2+ suit your needs? yes? then it's a great investment. releasing a new printer will not make the UM2+ a bad printer. it still suits your needs, worst case scenario you have lost some value of the printers.. it's not like you were going to resell them in a week anyway.

so it's all down to feelings. it's not rational to wait if something might be announced. it does not make what you can have now bad.

I actually run 4 UM2+ printers continously and they are great. it's been over 5000 hours that I actually had to replace essential parts, ever since the UM2+ came out.. i did replace the feeders with bondtech feeders since I did some stuff the um2+ feeder doesn't like, but all the other parts are almost impossible to kill.. a new nozzle every 1000 hours and you are good to go.. so the UM2+ is a great investment.

I would however initiate some direct contact with Ultimaker. when you are a larger customer, they usually help you out with your decisions.

• Like 2

Can't wait for October 18 :D

Looks like there will be dual extrusion!

• Like 3

I F**n knew it :)

my Ultimaker 2+ arrived 2 weeks ago :(

So you have a very good and improved machine... :)

Wohoo, Finally A new Ultimaker

• Like 1

There better be an upgrade kit

[shakes fist in the air]

Edited by Guest