• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted · Ultimaker 3 release date ?

AIR POWERED UMO3

Well the old UM2 feeder was good at printing air.

Lol, I think I'm the only one who has actually grown to love the old feeder. I don't want to upgrade!....then again gimme time, it only takes a few click sounds to get me angry.

Well the old UM2 feeder was good at printing air.

Lol, I think I'm the only one who has actually grown to love the old feeder. I don't want to upgrade!....then again gimme time, it only takes a few click sounds to get me angry.

The + feeder is better in every way! Not that the old feeder isn't good, but its not that good compared to the new one. I think the only 2 positive things I can say about the old feeder compared to the new one is it's smaller, and it 'sounds' more advanced. Sometimes the new one makes this weird rattley plastic noise as it feeds.

• Like 1

Curse you guys....everytime this thread gets a post, I'm all excited an Ultimaker 3 has been announced. Doh!

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3 release date ?

Curse you guys....everytime this thread gets a post, I'm all excited an Ultimaker 3 has been announced.   Doh!

If Ultimaker stays with their habits concerning announcements of new or upgraded products, the website would be on maintenance for about 8-9h before an announcement (see UM2, UMO+, UM2+). So if you see that there is a new post in this thread you will always be disappointed... ;)

But: There have also been such maintenance times after which not a new product but new bugs of the forum were introduced (oops - did I just write this?).

Edited by Guest
    • Like 2

I hope it is less expensive so I can afford it. You do pay a Premium price with the Ultimaker.

It's true that Ultimaker products are more expensive than other 3D printers. But things like this forum or Cura also have to be financed somehow. Furthermore, Ultimaker really cares about their users.

It all depends to what other machines you make the comparison. Most decent machines on the market are close to the um2 price range or above. And next to that there's the relative cheap umo+

I've never regretted buying the um2 the thing is just worth the money IMHO.

It's true that Ultimaker products are more expensive than other 3D printers.

That seemed to be true last year, but several comparable new machines are priced at or slightly above the UM2+: Raise3D N2, BCN3D Sigma, 3DGence One, and Lulzbot TAZ6 are a few

It's true that Ultimaker products are more expensive than other 3D printers.

That seemed to be true last year, but several comparable new machines are priced at or slightly above the UM2+: Raise3D N2, BCN3D Sigma, 3DGence One, and Lulzbot TAZ6 are a few

...than other printers... not: than all other printers... ;)

I just have to wonder if he complains on the Ferrari website about their large price tags. :)

• Like 1

sorry to disagree with you LePaul. Farrari would not have released the second generation machine Knowing full well that the first had a problem (Feeder)

and at the current uk Pricing the UM2+ is selling for £1,798.00 and the Sigma BCN3d £1,663.20

No Brainer in my opinion.

I think it should be able to run on air!!! :D

Can you please elaborate?

Well, I understand the frustration you guys have had with the Ultimaker 2 and the feeder.

I think @Sandervg and the rest of the Ultimaker crew have tried to resolve the issues, some did seem to have it worse than others.

Known issue? I'm not sure, it isn't like them to do that. They offer the + kit to improve it and of course you have Bondtech or other options if you don't want to rely on their feeder. I'm not sure what else they could have done, it's an evolving technology and somedays I think we're all racing to catch up with it. (New filaments, new nozzles, new ways to cope with adhesion, couplers, etc, etc)

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3 release date ?

sorry to disagree with you LePaul.  Farrari would not have released the second generation machine Knowing full well that the first had a problem (Feeder)

and at the current uk Pricing the UM2+ is selling for £1,798.00 and the Sigma BCN3d £1,663.20

I think you forget to add the price of:

edit: gr5 - "they" = sigma here?

- Support (they released all the source indeed but afaik their support line it's so-and-so)

- You actually need S3D into the mix to do something, their beta cura (based on old cura) it's quite pfff.

- They moved from 1.75 to 2.85 just when they started to sell so the test time they have with their system it's less.

- The filament inside the box & near the bed is a bad idea if you plan to print at high temps.

Anyhow if I would have one I would take the corexy system and replace the metal hotend, and enjoy s3d (that I know you already have).

Also if you want a dual system you can wait a few for the Foehnsturm dual system, saw it in person and it's quite fantastic, I can't wait to see the final production version.

Oh other think I love from the bcnsigma, it's the magnetic clamp of the bed, no clips. Ofc I would like to know the kind of magnets they use since 99% of the neodium magnets loose force when exposed to heat.

Edited by gr5
    • Like 1

I still use the old feeder, its not that bad. you just need to eliminate any stress to it and its pretty much perfect. perfectly good for my purposes. I never hear the clicking sound anymore, ever.

I still use the old feeder, its not that bad. you just need to eliminate any stress to it and its pretty much perfect. perfectly good for my purposes. I never hear the clicking sound anymore, ever.

I'm still running some of the older feeders. they work fine for sure. BUT you DO need to upgrade the PTFE and spring for the TFM + aluminum spacer and you're cooking.

I think most of the 'feeder' related issues people had were really just the symptom of the PTFE causing trouble.

• Like 1

sorry to disagree with you LePaul.  Farrari would not have released the second generation machine Knowing full well that the first had a problem (Feeder)

Wow duel printing can be done? LOL Sigma BCN3d that's cool machine!.

Wow duel printing can be done? LOL  Sigma BCN3d that's cool machine!.

Yes it looks great at first, but then start reading personal accounts of peoples' experiences which are not glowing. Some end up parking 1 head and sticking with solo use

Wow duel printing can be done? LOL  Sigma BCN3d that's cool machine!.

Yes it looks great at first, but then start reading personal accounts of peoples' experiences which are not glowing.   Some end up parking 1 head and sticking with solo use

Wow that's not good at all