Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
jdddog

Dynamic infill density

Hi

I would like to be able to dynamically change infill density based on the height of an object, are there any plugins that do this already? Tweak at Z doesn't seem to support infill density as a setting.

Thanks for your help

Jamie

On simplify3d you can make toons of process for each height and set different settings for the same or other objects. Still it's a bit of a pain but doable.

+1 ... :)

Yes, is quite easy to create different "Processes" for different height with different "settings".

You can also select different "Process" for different "parts" ... e.g. see

tutorial ;)

Guglielmo

@nallath: There is a plugin for legacy Cura, it's called SwapAtZ and allows for changing the gcode at any height of the object from one configuration to the other.

Anyway, we now get the 'per object settings' with the next Cura version which is quite a step forward. However, I think there should be a version one day where different configuration can be applied to different heights (yes, in about the same way as TweakAtZ works).

The mount everest of the slicer engine will of course be a really dynamically calculated infill where e.g. an internal support structure / infill start from the walls at a certain height and gets finer and more dense until it reaches a percentage where a few top layers can be laid onto without getting pillowing or any other issues.

• Like 2

Awesome! Thanks for all of your replies. I'm going to give SwapAtZ a shot tomorrow (it seems to works in Cura 14.09 in the layers panel).

Yeah +1 for the micro-structures video. I would give simplify3d a go aside from being poor haha.