LePaul

Save Toolpath to root of SD card

Posted · Save Toolpath to root of SD card

I must be missing something super easy.....

I want the Gcode to go to the too of my SD Card, not carrying over the file path on my computer.

How do I get that to work?

Normally cura will detect an SD card is inserted and save directly to it. Is your computer detecting the SD card? Or am i misunderstanding your question?

Posted (edited) · Save Toolpath to root of SD card

Assuming you are using Cura 15.04, you should take a look at "File -> Preferences".

Remove the base path (leave it empty) and it should act like in older versions of Cura.

(i don't know if there is an equivalent setting for the "new Cura")

cura_base_folder.png

Edited by Guest

Well I put my 3D Printer files on a network share drive (Seagate GoFlex) and I have everything sorted out nicely, which makes it several directories deep on the SD card.

Most of the time, the pop up from below shows blank upon saving the file so I am growing tired of hunting for it :)

@nallath I haven't checked the beta yet, but can this be a check box type of thing? Save to root by default instead of imitating the system file path? It isn't very natural to clear out that field

Uh, yeah, we could add that. If you make a github issue it's less likely that we forget it ;)

Well the GitHub joining process was a little awkward.....might i suggest, if you want more feedback, you sticky an item on how to report issues and that link. :)