Cura 15.04 not generating supports

tvedder

Posted · Cura 15.04 not generating supports

Cura is not generating supports in needed areas my printer

would be trying to print in mid air. I am attaching a screen shot

I believe the tail should have supports. Thankyou for your help.

sorry for 2 posts I forgot to attach screenshot in the first one.Capture.thumb.JPG.81dd952733fb905be86ea0d04e92e68a.JPG

it maybe due to the point of the tail, you can change the settings for the support if you click on the 3 dots next to the support selection. you can change the x-y distance and maybe the fill amount until you get the required result.

This is because Cura is looking for faces with a shallow downward-facing angle. That tail probably just has one single point at the bottom with several sufficiently steep faces.

That one's quite a stubborn bug. It hasn't been fixed in more recent versions either. I'd advise you to add a thin cylinder to your model to support the tail. It might also be a better idea to print the doggy upside-down and apply some sandpaper afterwards.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing Universal Cura Projects in the UltiMaker Cura 5.7 beta
        Strap in for the first Cura release of 2024! This 5.7 beta release brings new material profiles as well as cloud printing for Method series printers, and introduces a powerful new way of sharing print settings using printer-agnostic project files! Also, if you want to download the cute dinosaur card holder featured below, it was specially designed for this release and can be found on Thingiverse! 
        • 10 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies