frank26080115

Can I use this lube?

Posted · Can I use this lube?

Ptfe grease or lube = only for the Z middle axis. The x/y shafts use sewing machine oil. That kind of lubes might corrode the shafts.

in my opinion I would say that will be OK, in UK there is a very old brand called "3-in-one" which I use, its nothing to special just thin oil

you only need very little to oil all the rods say four drops on a cloth or some tissue and your done for a few months (depending on printer usage)

I feel like applying some every time I see some dark streaks on my rods. Not sure if that's correct.

I still have enough of the green packet that shipped with the UM2 for one more application.

Posted (edited) · Can I use this lube?

from my understanding that green packet is grease (copper grease I think) primarily intended for between the stainless coupler and the aluminium part of the print head, also maybe for the Z axis screw. Not for the X or Y axis rods at all, that's where you need the light oil for lubrication

Edited by Guest

Copper it's 'onle' for the bed screws (as it says in the manual). Green lube it's for the z middle screw and for the other shafts just sewing machine oil.

Oh I see the um2 uses copper on the stainless coupler And on when assembled on the bed adjustment screws. And by Z screw I mean the Z motor leadscrew. The big shafts on the side don't need oil and on some cases it can give trouble. Google on the forums there are plenty of posts about maintenance and greese, lube, etc.