Printing out of order layers causing print head to strike model

rossclasen

Posted (edited) · Printing out of order layers causing print head to strike model

Hello all,

Sorry in advance if there is already a thread on this topic, i could not locate anything in my searches.

I am having an issue with my model printing layers out of order.  while printing the model it has started to print the vertical portions out of order causing the print head to strike the out of order sections of the print.  i hope the attached images clarify my problem.  to rule out the file having some sort of error i rebuilt the model form scratch and am still having the same issues.  I am new to 3d printing but am quite familiar with 3d Modeling.  I am using FormZ for my modeling and have run the Object doctor to find any errors in my geometry and it has come up clean.  I am also  running.

Model: Ultimaker 2 Extended

Slicer: 15.06.03

1.thumb.png.c131d51c926f098a1c8e00c012f84bc2.png

2.thumb.png.cbae10e3731a5949466b6c806761002c.png

3.thumb.png.9abbb477373fbed7d237eb614fc96708.png

4.thumb.png.de3ce4fb0132e2840a4ecf8be6324e46.png

5.thumb.png.fd07b79dcf80613a5ec6346f9d189cb1.png

1.thumb.png.c131d51c926f098a1c8e00c012f84bc2.png

2.thumb.png.cbae10e3731a5949466b6c806761002c.png

3.thumb.png.9abbb477373fbed7d237eb614fc96708.png

4.thumb.png.de3ce4fb0132e2840a4ecf8be6324e46.png

5.thumb.png.fd07b79dcf80613a5ec6346f9d189cb1.png

Edited by Guest

Posted · Printing out of order layers causing print head to strike model

Maybe try Cura 15.04 to see if you have the same problem there?

And can you see something in first layer in the Layer view?

What is the thickness of the base plate? and your first layer thickness?

Is it possible you post the generated gcode somewhere (don't post it here as text, please)? If you cannot post the whole gcode, maybe the first few layers?

Can't find anything especially unusual. z layer heights are in the correct order. However, Cura tries to make some infill for the thin walls which starts in the second half of the base layers. This is not very nice.

You will also see the combing lines.