Cura Time warp?

izzy

Posted · Cura Time warp?

Hi Guys, I've been non active for a couple of months, Exams/Holidays/family etc. And had to completely restore my laptop after a failed Windows 10 upgrade.

So, I download the latest Cura 15.04.2 open it up and the look is the same as right back at the start of the year.

I'm sure the last version I was using had a different look and all the options on the right hand side, and with different options for the infill and faces, including line, grid, concentric etc.

Did I previously download a beta version or have I missed something.

Cheers guys for any feed back

Posted · Cura Time warp?

Thanks xisle, so I take it I was using a beta version, which seems strange as I usually just check for an upgrade through Cura.

But if it was a beta version it would explained the 20%fill problem which would give 2% fill yet 21% and 22% were fine:-)

Posted (edited) · Cura Time warp?

The Cura version numbers correspond to their release date:

Version 15.04 is from April 2015 and is commonly called "legacy" Cura

Version 15.10 is from October 2015 and is the current "all new" Cura Beta version

Note that 15.10 is not available through their official site yet (closed Beta), but you can download and use it from the link xisle posted above.

There was a dispute about the new Cura not being labelled as a beta version initially. You probably got that new Cura then. Now it's labelled as beta.

Actually, version 15.04.2 is from July 15, but they have a problem with their version numbers because they first released the "all new" Cura as verison 15.06 in June. Now they need a way to keep legacy and new apart...

https://ultimaker.com/en/cura-software/list

This one explains it a bit.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura Time warp?

Cheers Guys, I'll stick with the stable one and wait for the new stable version to be released hopefully with those bells and whistles as I quite liked them

Posted · Cura Time warp?

Hi Izzy,

Please select a Best Answer after posting a question and it has been answered.

It will help future readers who might have a similar problem to find the answer faster.

On this page you can read more about the forum and its new features!

Posted · Cura Time warp?

Cheers SandervG,

It's a shame to select just one as the best answer as all tend to be helpful, but Labern just pipped it for me.

Thanks to all for your replies, Izzy

• Like 1

Posted · Cura Time warp?

that was your own post, you selected as best reply :p:D

Posted · Cura Time warp?

that was your own post, you selected  as best reply :p:D

he actually selected mine :)

Posted · Cura Time warp?

Oh, then there is something strange happening:

best_reply.jpg.099eff1ab5738299a5269cd27a891ee8.jpg

Posted · Cura Time warp?

Oh, then there is something strange happening:

That is best reply in the topic which means he got the most likes.

mine is best answer which has a green tick and the post is moved to show under his question.

Posted · Cura Time warp?

Ok, thank you for clarification @labern. I hadn't noticed "best answer" at all :O

And sorry @izzy for my stupid comment.

• Like 1

Posted · Cura Time warp?

Its not stupid and can easily be mistaken for the same thing. Its all new to us all so no one is judging. :)

Posted · Cura Time warp?

Ok, thank you for clarification @labern. I hadn't noticed "best answer" at all :O

And sorry @izzy for my stupid comment.

No worries! Hopefully it is clearer now :)

If you want to read more about the new forum, we wrote some guidelines here!