skipping teeth issue

cloakfiend

Posted (edited) · skipping teeth issue

this is the third time this has happened to me in 2 months and was wandering what i could possibly do about it.

I think for some reason the teeth have skipped and some layers in it has jumped up too much and continued printing there, i did start  a thread about it before as it happended to me with my alien, but nothing came up in the search about offset layers. Can i do anything about this or is it just bad luck again? im printing at 50mm/s so not too fast, but obviously the layer will no longer match the back half?

20151017_194509.thumb.jpg.9917fdcd46e55cd70f06c09d0f6fda51.jpg

20151017_194509.thumb.jpg.9917fdcd46e55cd70f06c09d0f6fda51.jpg

Edited by Guest

Im mid print now, so ill put a few drops of sewing oil on and hope it works, i just need it to be ok for a few more days! im praying.....

just had a look and noticed one of the pulleys with the teeth on it (if that is a pulley), is shaking a few millimetres as its moving? none of the others are moving, and its in the direction of the slip. so ill need to tighten somthing after over a years worth of printing non stop i guess. i hope it can last a few more days..... its probably as im printing alot on one bed, and its moving tons all over and quite sharply.

Edited by Guest

Posted · skipping teeth issue

Yes, those are the pulleys. What do you mean by "shaking" more precisely? It's very common for them to be a bit off center which means that if you look at the top of the pulley as it's rotating, it will move up and down. Or do you mean that it's shaking from side to side, along the axis? In that case it's most definitely a loose pulley.

Fixing it doesn't take long. It's just a matter of getting in there with a hex key (or preferably a torx as it grips much better) and tighten the little set screws. The set screws on the pulleys that sit directly on the motor axle are a bit more annoying to get to though. Depending on what tools you have available and how nimble your fingers are, you might need to remove the motors first.

Im lucky the print came out fine so the oil helped, or else i will just get this jolt later on down the line, either way im going to have to tighten it.

here is the difference.

20151018_122958.thumb.jpg.a45c9e8c56b9fc379e2511a0c8ea1dc7.jpg

20151018_123034.thumb.jpg.43e3ac23d80cbfad663d572e3a398246.jpg

this never used to stick out like this before, but the oiling has it at least staying in the same place.

20151018_123100.thumb.jpg.4273cc4b8192f395a8ddf226b1c26465.jpg

i just dont have the time to remove any motors at the moment, its just gonna get lots of oil and prayers instead.

20151018_122958.thumb.jpg.a45c9e8c56b9fc379e2511a0c8ea1dc7.jpg

20151018_123034.thumb.jpg.43e3ac23d80cbfad663d572e3a398246.jpg

20151018_123100.thumb.jpg.4273cc4b8192f395a8ddf226b1c26465.jpg

Edited by Guest