Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
FallenDroes

Z Axis rising issue (Printrbot)

Hi, I just bought a "Simple Metal with Heated Bed" DIY kit and assembled it. When I tried to print, the z axis always do slight movements (up and down) but after finishing a layer it does not rise to next layer. It tries to print on the same layer, so z axis never moves up while printing. The printing goes on but since z axis does not move, it pushes away the layer it printed before and goes on.

If you can help I can start my 3D printing journey.

Edited by Guest

You might have better luck finding help over at the Printrbot forums/support. Almost all the users here are Ultimaker users. You're of course welcome here, just don't be surprised if it takes a while for someone to come along that is able to help.

I'll edit your thread title to include "Printrbot", maybe that will help attract other Simple Metal owners :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 15 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 18 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!