Where to buy spare part: UMO+ heater cartridge?

Posted · Where to buy spare part: UMO+ heater cartridge?

I'm not sure why UM does not sell this spare part. @sandervg Does anyone know why or when they will offer it. Or where to get one?

The same part for the UMO looks like the same size but clearly states in the description - "40W 18V heater cartridge. Not compatible with the Ultimaker Original+"

Posted (edited) · Where to buy spare part: UMO+ heater cartridge?

Umo heater it's 18V and umo+ 24v. But it works on umo+ the side effect it's that the heating PID it's different and bounces a bit when starting but it stabilizes after 4-5 secs. For me it works. I'm almost 100% sure that if you place a ticket on support.ultimaker.com for Sales they will sell you one. I have buy many stuff that isn't listed and they answer quite fast.

Edited by Guest

We do sell spare parts, but unfortunately not everything is in our webshop. Fbrc8 also has a webshop, but it just has the heater missing as well.

This is the result from an old discussion, where we decided to list the most wanted / popular parts. There are to many parts in the Original to list them all, so we have to make a choice.

Like @Neotko says, you can send an email to support, or since you are from the US to Fbrc8.

Then they can sell you one. I'll also ask if we can add the heater in the shop, but sending an email yourself will probably be the fastest route for now.

whoops, my bad then. I figured you did.

@Peetersm, I have already set the wheels in motion to have it added to the webshop. But still, if you don't want to wait for that please get in touch with our sales department to get your hands on an Ultimaker Original+ cartridge heater.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

I guess I was wrong today twice :(

I don't know if you already contacted us @Peetersm, but the spare part is already online :)

That probably is the fastest route after all..

Posted (edited) · Where to buy spare part: UMO+ heater cartridge?

I guess I was wrong today twice :(

I don't know if you already contacted us @Peetersm, but the spare part is already online :)

That probably is the fastest route after all..

Yeah @fbrc8sarah let me know to order it from over seas in Euro's and pay international shipping. :-(

I guess when I thought about it what @sandervg said it made sense, since I have often received the odd missing kit part from support (some from frbc8 some from dynamism who might be getting it from netherlands) and they've awlays had those parts (so far I've put together close to 20 UMO+ kits) , but I bet they must be pulling from a small stash of opened kits for canabalization?

Edited by Guest