ColorFabb Filament temperature

arosura

Posted · ColorFabb Filament temperature

Hello, I'm using Ultimaker 2.

I changed my filament from ultimaker original to colorfabb.

Is there any tips to recommend?

I'm concerned that the processing temperature of two filaments is different, (one is 210~230, the other is 190~210)

so I'm curious that whether to set the temperature lower or not.

• Like 1

PLA or XT? I've been printing at 215 with the white PLA.

I'm going to use PLA, which is made from Colorfabb. (processing temp is 190~210 celsius)

What company made your filament?

...Colorfabb

Didn't you have any problem, when you were using Colorfabb's filament in that temperature?

It doesn't work too great when there's a lot of retraction (I'm seeking help on that one, probably my machine) but it also may depend on the color you got. I've talked to people using the white printing around 210, or even as low as 208. What speed did you print at?

I likeColorFabb PLA/PHA, my settings are

Nozzle temp = 210'C

Bed temp = 50'C

0.1mm step 0.4 mm nozzle, 50mm/s

If I increase to 0.2 step I increase the nozzle temp to 215'C

Im running an Olson block with a 35W heater.

When I tried the 0.3 nozzle I dropped to 205'C and 0.05mm step.

...Colorfabb

Didn't you have any problem, when you were using Colorfabb's filament in that temperature?

It doesn't work too great when there's a lot of retraction (I'm seeking help on that one, probably my machine) but it also may depend on the color you got. I've talked to people using the white printing around 210, or even as low as 208. What speed did you print at?

Speed...? You mean temperature?

The temperature was 210~230(factory setting), and I used woodfill filament.

After that, the nozzle was blocked, so I used 'Atomic method' and solved the problem.

I likeColorFabb PLA/PHA, my settings are

Nozzle temp = 210'C

Bed temp = 50'C

0.1mm step 0.4 mm nozzle, 50mm/s

If I increase to 0.2 step I increase the nozzle temp to 215'C

Im running an Olson block with a 35W heater.

When I tried the 0.3 nozzle I dropped to 205'C and 0.05mm step.

I think I have to lower the temperature, 230 to 210.

I think I have to lower the temperature, 230 to 210.

Well it depends. With my machine and pla/pha white, 215 at 60mm/s works great. I have heard from other users that this filament is the most difficult to print with, but those settings work pretty good for me. However if you get any other color, 210 at 50 is probably a good starting point, but you should tinker and test from there.