Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
rab

Object too tall? It's far from the build volume limitations!

Hi guys!

I need help figuring out why Cura says my object is too tall. Here's a print of the screen. The model is like a square container that measures 83.2 x 83.2 x 41.6 mm and has a very small square whole at the bottom (1.5 x 1.2 mm), so I guess it should be small enough! Should I change skirt and brim settings? I have checked the layer and x-ray views and everything seems normal.

When I uploaded the model, it was put with front surface (with the hole) up, making it "taller". But then I rotated 90 degrees and the Too tall message stayed there!

CURA.thumb.jpg.0b327afa09e9fd8a3036b4bca25942cf.jpg

Important Info! I have been printing with 4 or 5 skirt line count because I've had underextrusion issues in the beginning of the print (all the skirt lines allow the PLA to be extruded by t he time it starts printing the model itself)

CURA.thumb.jpg.0b327afa09e9fd8a3036b4bca25942cf.jpg