Colorfabb flexible. When? Any new new?

neotko

Posted · Colorfabb flexible. When? Any new new?

Must admit although I like XT, I get mixed results at times on thin wall structures, same part in ColorFabb PLA is fine, so will be nice to try the nGen, I can see a set of samples being ordered as a Xmas present when they are available. I'm still doing my tests of various filaments and I'm getting a big box of cylinder flow test samples, and a great army of robots.

I got only limited time to do a test but I did print a tree frog and the overhang on the belly have come out perfect with 100% fans. That being said I think 100% is too strong cause I had to raise temp to 235°C and can clearly see a difference in color from 230 to 235 when I did that. I guess fans at 50% and printing at 225°C would give a similar result.

I notice a good difference in retraction between 230 and 235 so I suspect that the retraction will be much easier to deal with around 225.

Still no burn marks :D

Hope to get another run around 220-225.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the original question, Colorfabb flexible ....

I've seen it last week during a Colorfabb factory tour, the real flexible. asked when It would be available, answer; "soon, but don't expect it within a month ...."

• Like 2

Posted (edited) · Colorfabb flexible. When? Any new new?

Rats, I'm going to delay my Xmas present to my self of a sample set of the new filament until the end of January in the hope of this flexible filament, any idea the possible colour range for it Arjan?

Edited by Guest

No, they indeed won't leave it like that .......;)