MakerBeck

Print quality problem, should be smooth and stiff, but is rough and flexible.

Posted · Print quality problem, should be smooth and stiff, but is rough and flexible.

Okay, no jokes.

Sometimes when printing, I am using gray PLA right now, I have printing issues where the piece comes out rough and very flexible when it should be stiff.

For example, I am printing a frame made out of I-beams. It is a scale model of some industrial equipments.

It was not printing smooth infill or a smooth surface, so I thought it was going to fast for the extrusion volume and the temp. I was using the default temp and lowered it to 220. Increased the flow to 120% to try to compensate for what seemed to be under extrusion. I ended up stopping the part at about 1 inch tall, it was made of horizontal beams and had just printed the first set. It looked bad and when touched, the beams were soft and springy.

Thoughts?