ended Community Contest, part 1 | The Ultibot

SandervG

Posted · ended Community Contest, part 1 | The Ultibot

Well What do you define as a "good print"?

To me that means every detail in the model has to be present. both supports and hands need to be there plus the antennae, No ugly overhangs or bad stringing.?

I printed one the size of a piece of rice. Yeah you can tell its meant to be a robot but no details.

• Like 1

Ultibot had sailed the Seven Seas in search of the rumored race of miniature bots. He awoke to discover that the little Lilliputian bots had found him first.

IMG_0551.thumb.JPG.e690fd8e7d90731c6ca263209a8933a2.JPG

"Look at the size of him!", the Lilliputians exclaimed. "Have you ever seen such a thing in your whole life?" Even the oldest and wisest among them including the smallest and most ancient of the Lilliputian bots had to admit that they had never seen such a thing in their whole lives.

IMG_0557.thumb.JPG.e7e176c7ff4d5f658e53ec58b02e1726.JPG

IMG_0551.thumb.JPG.e690fd8e7d90731c6ca263209a8933a2.JPG

IMG_0557.thumb.JPG.e7e176c7ff4d5f658e53ec58b02e1726.JPG

• Like 5

Posted (edited) · ended Community Contest, part 1 | The Ultibot

When the winner will be announced? Monday morning or we will be keep in suspense some more :)?

The winner will be announced today, on this thread! :)

.. and a new contest will also start today.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Well What do you define as a "good print"?

To me that means every detail in the model has to be present. both supports and hands need to be there plus the antennae, No ugly overhangs or bad stringing.?

I printed one the size of a piece of rice. Yeah you can tell its meant to be a robot but no details.

What you described is kinda the distinguishment. It doesn't have to be a perfect print, but it does have to represent the file with the ears, antenna's, face etc.

It shouldn't 'mean to be the robot'.

Congratulations

@Labern!

It may come as no surprise, that the man who officially printed worlds smallest power drill also managed to print the smallest detailed Ulti-bot!

Congratulations @Labern, great job! You'll receive the special edition Olsson Block set, which also holds the 1.mm nozzle.

Unfortunately we only have 1 prize per contest. But, if Labern is OK, I think we should be able to share some of the eternal fame with..

- @darkdvd, for printing a ~1mm smaller ulti-bot. Labern's entry was just a little bit more detailed which was the other criteria besides size.

- @DesignMakeTeach, for having the most original entry. We loved the work you put in the pictures.

Keep it up for our next contests guys!

We'll start within a few hours, stay tuned..

• Like 2

Wohoo

Good to see all the other entries and there was some tough competition.

Keep at it @grpiotr91 as there are more chances to win.

Really enjoyed seeing how people experimented and came up with creative entries.

I hope a lot more join in for the next one as we can all learn from these experiments.

I learnt that going to cold caused to much curling and hairs.

Cant wait to see Part 2's results.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Labern, before we forget.. Would you be so kind to share with us a little bit of your magic on how you have been able to print this small?

That way, we all learn a little bit from these contests and the level of entries will keep getting higher and higher :)

Thanks!

• Like 1

Sure

All small stuff i print 100% infill, this slows each layer down a bit. slowing it using other means like cool head lift gives imperfections like banding and blobs.

Test test test, You need to find the perfect temp for the speed and layer height. If you adjust either one then you need to test the temp again.

A first for me I found to much fan and to cold makes i curl to much and makes the print hairy.

Patience,

• Like 3