Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
frank26080115

Peristaltic Pump for Patient with Feeding Tube

I designed a peristaltic pump using Onshape. I 3D printed it using a Ultimaker2 printer, and other parts include some ball bearings, flexible tubing, a DC motor gearbox, and some circuitry. It's purpose is to pump blended food into a person's feeding tube when they cannot physically eat, it was built for my grandfather while he was treating esophagus cancer.

Check it out here: http://www.bocabearings.com/innovation-contest/ContestantDetails.aspx?ProjectID=221

It is entered into the Boca Bearings Innovation Contest. If you like it, please give me a vote. Thanks.

Some of these parts took 30 hours to print because everything was printed at 100% infill. Everything is super thick for strength.

The project is CAD'ed on Onshape, while I was in China, using the 4G network and I also had to hop through a VPN service (I think AWS was blocked), on a Microsoft Surface tablet. I think it's a pretty good testament to the usefulness of cloud CAD. The public Onshape workspace is linked here.