Ultimaker 2 E nozzle Temperature to low for ABS

Maverick71

Posted · Ultimaker 2 E nozzle Temperature to low for ABS

Hello,

After I run into different problems printing with ABS I measured the nozzle temperature.

It's set up for 260C, showing 260-262C but the real temperature is between 220-245C which is the way to low for printing with ABS.

I also noticed the temperature is not very stable.

Sometimes it's stable 230C but showing 260C on the Display.

Sometimes it's fluctuating between 225C and 245C

While it's cools down to 225C and stay for 10-20 seconds the cooled ABS blocking the nozzle or

the transportation Gear broking the Filament.

Is there a way for get more accurate temperature on the ultimaker 2 without this temperature fluctuations?

Is there a way to get the real temperature from 260C on the nozzle end?

My measurements was laboratory accurate.

I measured the temperature near the opening where the filament coming out.

Regards,

Maverick

Not every PT100 sensor reads the correct temp. some can be out quite a bit so it may need replacing with a more accurate one.

I have seen people on the forum adjusting the pid control for the temp.

and I know TinkerGnome has worked on this on his Firmware. Maybe giving that a try could also help.

Hello,

Im shocked about this. I thought when I purchasing a produkt for more than 3000 EUR

it will not fail because of broken 2EUR component.

I'm simply speachless...

So, is it posibible to change the temperature in the Firmware over the build in USB I/O?

Or I must open the box and search for ISP I/O for reprogramming the Chip?

I bought mine 2 Months ago and it comes with standard heater block.

It was a spare nozzle in the package.

Once I removed the bowden-tube allready as the whole tube was dirty from

the previous filament dust, which was made from the mechanism it's located outside the box-on the biginning of the bowden-tube.

ThinkerGnome is a person or a group of people?

Anybody posting on this forum in his name?

Thank to both of You,

Maverick

Not every PT100 sensor reads the correct temp. some can be out quite a bit so it may need replacing with a more accurate one.

I have seen people on the forum adjusting the pid control for the temp.

and I know TinkerGnome has worked on this on his Firmware. Maybe giving that a try could also help.

The firmware is linked in this answer ;)

Maybe it's just a matter of pushing the pt-100 further in the heat block?

It's a 3000€ machine but full of small pieces that can fail sometimes (no components can be 100% perfect!)

If it has a failure somewhere you can also contact the reseller and check with him for warranty repairs

Hello,

I don't know which software protection my ultimaker have got build in.

I don't want to brick it. Can I upload this Firmware over the build in USB I/O?

Does anybody knows if the Sensor is fixed or glued on the heater somehow?

Is there a manual somehwre how to remove it properly?

Is there a posibility to contact the developer directly?

Regards,

Maverick

Hello,

I don't know which software protection my ultimaker have got build in.

I don't want to brick it. Can I upload this Firmware over the build in USB I/O?

Does anybody knows if the Sensor is fixed or glued on the heater somehow?

Is there a manual somehwre how to remove it properly?

Is there a posibility to contact the developer directly?

Regards,

Maverick

@Maverick71 - wait a minute... i doubt that any pid tuning (or different firmwares) would be useful in this case.

If the temp sensor sends wrong readings - it is faulty and has to be replaced - point.

Unfortunately the disassembling of the sensor is usually quite difficult - with other words: it's very easy to break the wires of the sensor - if you try it by yourself...

And - yes - it is fixed with a screw.

There is an assembly manual for the UM2 - most of the parts are very similar to the Extended.

I'm afraid this one is still the best suggestion:

If it has a failure somewhere you can also contact the reseller and check with him for warranty repairs

Hello,

Well, I dissasembled the print-hed allready and measured the temperatur on the heater element. It was 300C as I thought. This sensor delivers the average on some point (where its important) which is ok.

I cleaned the preheated nozzle with a 3mm drill bit MANUALY.

On the bottom side I do the same with a 0,4mm drill bit. Also Manualy.

Now it works again. This is probably the reason,

they giving the new nozzle head (Olsson Block) for free for every new customer.

Its not a problem to clean the original one, but cleaning the Olsson Block is much easier.

The Atomic Method cleaning doesnt worked for me.

Thank You,

Maverick