Help in printing

macgraj

Posted (edited) · Help in printing

Hey everybody!

I am having some issues with my print.

Do you have some suggestions what to do in order to get a clean print ?

These are my settings. I print with PLA 2.85 at temp 190 degrees.

Thank you in advance for some suggestions.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.5cf0be75471642385393cd41bd1fde24.jpg

set.thumb.png.b3346097ffe65fae208dd856d1a4a477.png

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.5cf0be75471642385393cd41bd1fde24.jpg

set.thumb.png.b3346097ffe65fae208dd856d1a4a477.png

Edited by Guest

Posted · Help in printing

you need to show your speeds and layer heights.

Also retraction lengths etc.

It looks like hairs or very thin strands. this maybe because you are printing to cold for that material. It looks like you have lines not touching on the base which also points to temp to low.

Dear Labern,

The layer height is 0.1 and speed 100 mm/s.

The retraction length 4.5 mm and speed 25 mm/s

I changed the temp because at 190 it is less hairy.

Thanks in advance for more suggestions.

That is way to cold for that speed. You should be printing at 30mm/s at that temp.

100mm/s is very fast. It's ok to print at that speed but you need to be a lot hotter and quality won't be that great.

I see your minimum extrusion is .02mm - that's of 2.85mm diameter filament. That might be too large - it might not be retracting - so first thing to check is to look at those towers in layer view. Retraction is shown as a vertical blue line. If you have vertical blue lines leaving every tower then the .02mm is fine. If not lower that but beware that too many retractions (e.g. 100 retractions on the same spot on the filament) can grind down the filament to dust and cause failures.

The other thing is that this is white filament. White filament makes strings like this more than any other color. It doesn't seem to matter who the manufacturer is.

also 100 mm/sec is going to cause more stringing. This is because you have higher pressures in the nozzle. I recommend maybe 35mm/sec for these towers with 200mm/sec move speed between towers.

But of all the recommendations - the most important is use a different color.