first prints! good and bad (pics)

adamrw91

Posted · first prints! good and bad (pics)

IMG_2313_zpsd3602346.jpg here are some of the first prints ive done i get this problem quite often im printing at 200c speed at 70mms, .1 layer, 100% fill and florians settings for retraction and dwindle is it ending up like this because of extruder slippage? or what?

here is some successful ones though!

the see through green is weird!

IMG_2314_zpsb14a4fc9.jpg

First off, disable dwindle, while it helps in some cases, it usually makes prints worse.

For 70mm/s I would increase the temperature to 210C or even 220C. But you could also have a slipping extruder, could you take a photo of your filament in the bowden tube? So we can see the toothmarks?

i increased the temperature and now i got some perfect prints! so is it the faster you print the higher the temperature should be? ill post some more pics when this print is done!

The faster you go, the faster the filament needs to melt, so the more temperature you need. As your small house was looking quite good, I figured it was actually printed slower because of minimal layer times.

Looking good! Nice color btw, which is it?

its transparent green its a really weird color i think lol next im going to get a rainbow pack next from

http://www.faberdashery.co.uk/

ive heard their PLA is really nice!

super first prints.

looks really cool.

now please make that skeleton head much mich bigger with that green plastic, that would look... amazing i think ?

could you add your photos to our

Post your latest print! section viewtopic.php?f=24&t=697&start=225

Thanks and congradulations.

Ian :D

cheers man! ill print out the skull bigger and up load the prints! but i found out im also having trouble with the extruder. Sometimes it feeds fine (see first picture) then other times it grinds! (second picture) is there anyway to fix this i have turned the screw on the back of the extruder as much as possible and it seems to not help much i feel like i have done something wrong in the assembly or something! (see third picture) i have heard people saying that see-through plastic requires more pressure but im not totally sure.

IMG_2329_zps9c279f9f.jpg

IMG_2330_zpsa0b00414.jpg

IMG_2332_zps0edc4f23.jpg

Ah, you already have the spring extruder. Nice nice. (I know it's supplied with new kits now, and it should be in the shop soon)

Check the tension on that spring, there should be 11.5mm between the printed part and the washer. (As you can see in the other topic, we have printed a LOT of green transparent robots, both have the extruder at 11.5mm)

It could be that you are printing a bit too fast for your temperature, you should be able to go up all the way to 230C with PLA without issues.

hey it looks like a Bertho extruder! fancy that ;)

yah i actually received both the old one and the new extruder! i have 10mm between the washer and the printed part is that cool? Is there a ratio to speed and temperature? how does it affect print quality?

hey it looks like a Bertho extruder! fancy that ;)

It's a slightly upgraded version of the Bertho extruder. But yes, they took his design and improved a few things on it. I will try to remember that we need to give him credits for the design (if not done already)

yah i actually received both the old one and the new extruder! i have 10mm between the washer and the printed part is that cool? Is there a ratio to speed and temperature? how does it affect print quality?
    10mm should also work, but gives a slightly higher chance to that it grinds.

And yes, temperature and printing speed are related, as you need to melt the filament faster if you print faster. But I don't know any exact numbers.

Great job you did!