Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
aggertroll

Custom abort routine for UMO / Cura 15.04.3?

I run my UMO with Cura 15.04.3 (Mac) via USB and everything works great.

But: When I hit "Abort print", buffer empties and then the printer simply stops.

Right now I disable steppers, lower Z stage by hand, return print head to front left by hand.

(Not sure if it switches off nozzle heater; filament oozes out for a while and I had the nozzle clogged on the next print run once or twice)

I would much rather that "Abort" would

- retract standard end-of-print amount

- switch off nozzle heater

- lower bed 15mm

- return print head to 0,0

I found this great thread describing customization of the Pronterface print UI.

Can I implement the abort routine described above using this customization?

(I don't know a thing about Python and programming, but I begin to understand what these scripts do.)

Any advice / help would be highly appreciated.

Solved.

First lesson learned: Don't edit code with a text editor. Not even with saving as txt. Anytime I tried to edit the script the interface would not load. Got a python editor. Works.

Picked a nice interface script, re-appropriated an existing button to execute my abort routine.

So if you are looking for a way to

- lower the platform,

- retract,

- return to home,

- switch off heater, bed and fan

- and say 'Aborted' on the little screen

at the click of a button when you cancel/abort a print, this is one way: Pick one of the Pronterfan print interfaces in the thread mentioned in the first post, open it with one of the many script editors available for free and do some tweaking. Its fun, actually.

Edited by Guest

Can someone help me with a Python question please?

Right now I changed an existing button in a Pronterfan UI to send some gcode commands after I cancel a print, i.e. click cancel in the Ui, then click the changed button.

The cancel part of the code says:

if id == 140:

# cancel

self.frame._printerConnection.cancelPrint()

Can I somehow attach the gcode commands to this cancel command so that they are triggered on cancel? I always want those commands to be sent when I cancel a print.

Edited by Guest