What is best white PLA filament?

2go

Posted · What is best white PLA filament?

Hello,

I need to buy 4 or so spools of white PLA filament.

Have you used any of the following IN WHITE? Any feedback is welcome, good or bad.

1. Ultimaker WHITE PLA

2. Colorfabb BLUISH WHITE PLA/PHA

3. Eumakers WHITE PLA

4. Any other good from European maker/vendor?

Note, I did not include Faberdashery Arctic White because they only offer it in 1.75 at the moment.

Thank you!

To be printed with UM2GO.

neotko, I actually did contact Faberdashery. They said they will have arctic white in stock after new year's. Have you used their arctic white?

ultiarjan, thanks, will check makerpoint out.

anyone used white from Ultimaker? opinions? searched the forum. Found one guy saying he liked it, another one hated it.

I use this http://colorfabb.com/standard-white. Apparently it's harder to print with than other Colorfabb PLAs, but I have had lots of good success with it.

the_schire -- standard white is off white, yes? ever tried bluish white?

I was contacted yesterday by some helpful guy from Faberdashery telling me that they have Arctic White in stock already (in 3mm). Cool customer support.

So I think I will order a spool from Faberdashery's Arctic White and Colorfabb's Bluish White and decide for myself.

Still on the fence about White from Ultimaker. Should I try that one? There was a new negative thread posted about it here this morning: https://ultimaker.com/en/community/18483-newly-bought-filament-from-ultimaker-broke

Most people will rank Fabberdashery and Colorfabb filaments above Ultimaker, but all three should produce good results with some tweaking.

20151006_212531.thumb.jpg.d89a03a09cb0c4c6faf6b461c313e3c0.jpg

Sorry for the tilted image, my Galaxy S6 is stupid when I transfer photos off of it.

20151006_212531.thumb.jpg.d89a03a09cb0c4c6faf6b461c313e3c0.jpg

I wouldn't buy from Ultimaker for a while till all the filament issues are gone. I have had 2 bad rolls. When you get a good roll it's very nice filament but they are working on fixing the current situation will the filament that keeps breaking.

I'm having really good prints with smartfil filament (so far only used their pla). They make it here in spain. Also it's slightly cheaper than colorfab and they offer up to 5.6k rolls

• Like 1

Faberdashery 'Arctic white' is excellent - assuming it is in stock.

It is in stock at the moment by the way.

I use the Arctic White all the time in 3mm, it prints really well and for me is the right colour white. I have tried ColorFabb too which is OK but Faberdashery AW does edge it for me.

The other day I printed .300 layer at 50mm/s at 205-210c

So you are the one who buys up all their stock and I have to wait. :)

I use the Arctic White all the time in 3mm, it prints really well and for me is the right colour white. I have tried ColorFabb too which is OK but Faberdashery AW does edge it for me.

The other day I printed .300 layer at 50mm/s at 205-210c

LOL get your order in I am running out 8)

I wouldn't buy from Ultimaker for a while till all the filament issues are gone. I have had 2 bad rolls. When you get a good roll it's very nice filament but they are working on fixing the current situation will the filament that keeps breaking.

With my um2+ there was a silver spool of UM PLA included. It was a spool of a new batch of PLA (new label on the spool etc) and I have lots of success with this UM PLA now....

The problem now is, dealers will try to sell their old stock of UM PLA first and that's PLA we don't want ;)

I still prefer Colorfabb PLA/PHA for now though :)

Okay, so a month later... I tested two white filaments extensively. Collorfabb's Bluish White and Faberdashery's Arctic White.

Really disappointed by Colorfabb. No matter what I do speed and temperature wise the prints come out pretty much like this: http://www.flashgamer.com/themes/site_themes/bueno/images/uploads/StripesInPrint.jpg

Not my picture but the result is the same.

On the other hand, Faberdashery's Arctic White prints flawlessly. And very forgiving regarding various print settings.

I really rooted for Colorfabb because their material comes so neatly packaged and spooled however the quality is not really there (only tested this one particular color, others might be way better, dunno). Anyone wants to buy four rolls of Colorfabb's bluish white? :D

That mirrors our experience two years ago; flawless printing with Arctic white and problems with Colofabb's standard white. To be fair to ColorFabb we have found the other filaments we have used from them to be good, and we had an issue with Faberdashery's Butterceam

• Like 1

Faberdashery Artic White is great and so is Architects Stone. Both print well etc. And they have a great customer service

I have to echo @2go and @yellowshark. The CF White of all tones is very problematic, to put it gently.

The Faberdashery is nice but the shipment costs are prohibitively high. So I'm kinda stuck with the white color problem...

Maybe go for yellow a can of white spray paint 8)