extruding problems with ultimaker v2 using olsson block

ferdinand981

Posted · extruding problems with ultimaker v2 using olsson block

I seem to have an extruding problems with ultimaker v2 using olsson block by using th 0.4 and 0.8 nozzle

I can hear the stepper motor skipping steps and see an under extrudin in my prints what should I do

210C nozzle

60C bad

50mm/s speed

I have seen this problem occur in 100 to 200 microns z resolution

OK, here are a few questions for narrowing down the issue:

- Is it a new problem of a configuration which previously worked? Did you successfully print with the Olsson block?

- How stable is the temperature?

- Have you performed some cold pulls?

- Have you tried to print hotter? 210°C is certainly too cold for printing at 50mm/s with a 0.8mm nozzle and 0.2mm layer height.

- Is the Bowden tube undamaged and clean?

- Are the teflon and the stainless steel isolator sitting at their correct places? Any gaps?

- Did you change the nozzle while it was hot?

I'm currently using the 0.4 nozzle and getting extruding problems add 210c 50mms

The printer is four days old should be undamaged as well as clean and teflon should still be as good as new I currently have a 2 mm gap in between the stainless steel isolator and the teflon like recommended in the Ultimaker ios app.

I always change the nozzle at around 150c since it is a lot easier at that temperature

I have did some cold pulls like you recommended but it make no difference :(

It's the stock filament what comes with the Ultimaker. it happens in the first layer as well as the layers after. But it doesn't happen in every print even if it is the same model sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't under extrude so it's not really consistent

How does your first layer look like?

If it's really squished then maybe the bed is a bit to close and the filament has a hard time to come out. This could damage the filament in the feeder and cause more underextrusion after

Yes it does look like the first layer is quite squished

Should I do another bed calibration