Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
ampirical2016

Trouble with Nozzle clearance after Olsson Block Install

20151223_121457.thumb.jpg.60258910f14bfdf06ce60e8e55d29c23.jpg

My Olsson block is installed, but it seems like now my nozzle connection is touching the fan casing. I have tried multiple things to get it to clear, but there seems to be no room for adjustment. The four fan screws are in just enough, and still the nozzle is touching fan casing. Tried tightening and loosening the nozzle screw itself with no luck. Any ideas.

Thanks

20151223_121457.thumb.jpg.60258910f14bfdf06ce60e8e55d29c23.jpg

I've installed a few of these (around 30 or so) and haven't had any problem with the clearance in that spot. If you loosen all four screws a turn, can you move the shroud into a position where it doesn't touch?

It could be that the wires of the heater and sensor are hitting the back flap of the shroud causing it to be displaced. If so, just bend the flap a bit to make more room.

If it still doesn't work, I'd just try to brute force the shroud to the side. The metal is very soft so it can be bent without too much effort.