where is the Ultimaker Store?

Posted · where is the Ultimaker Store?

I found a good solution for the Ultimaker 2+: the online Apple Store is now selling them. They have stock, ship for free in every EU country within 24 hours, you can pay by credit card without a surcharge (try that at any dealer), there's a 14 days no questions asked return window. They know nothing about 3D printers, of course, but at least you know they have stock. And they are (a little bit) cheaper than all those dealers.

http://www.apple.com/nl/shop/product/HJQG2ZM/A

(replace the nl by your country in the URL; for Belgium it's /be-nl/)

Only in Europe it seems.

• Replies 83
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar problems in Germany: igo3d doesn't have the most spare parts in stock. Others aren't even listed (i.e. Belts, pulleys,...). Since the Ultimaker store has disappeared it is harder to get spare parts, that's all about it.

May be I am too stupid but I can't understand this treatment of your customers.

:(

I wrote to igo3d so many times emails with a part numbers from Ultimaker assembly guide and they delivered my orders in two three days. Just info.

ok, this may be a solution. But this way you:

- have to write someone and wait for the answer

- don't know the prices

- don't know if it is in stock or not

Pretty inconvenient compared to putting things in a cart and just order your parts, isn't it?

Anyway, may be it will change in future...

What a bad, bad move on Ultimaker's part. I hate ordering from "local" dealers, who supposedly have a lot of knowledge. But they don't, they have not much stock, they are small and the provide mediocre support, and still try to push the old 2 model. Brands that allow ordering directly are much stronger.

Hi Fredz,

I happen to be one of the local dealers (in Belgium), somethings you say are true, i don't have much stock because i can't afford it, i'm small (i work alone). And i don't provide free shipping as the applestore does.

BUT

I have a very big experience with the machines obviously, so you can expect good support.

I don't have a big stock so i don't try to sell my overstocked old machines.

It's hard to be competitive when you face some other resellers as big as apple (by the way i don't understand why they resell Ultimakers??), but every dealer is normally cautiously choosen and approved by Ultimaker

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · where is the Ultimaker Store?

Maybe in future when Ultimaker gets stronger image and someone can open a shop who sells only Ultimaker 3d printers can have larger hardware parts stock. Same happening in R/C Model hobby, local hobby store has some parts what everybody needs after crash or something like that but other things you also must order and wait.

regards

Edited by Guest

We are working hard to have our partners offer the same list of parts as what we have been offering through our webshop. So you will be able to order everything as you are used to, and parts that are not listed will have to be requested. Just like it was in the Ultimaker shop.

We are working hard to have our partners offer the same list of parts as what we have been offering through our webshop. So you will be able to order everything as you are used to, and parts that are not listed will have to be requested. Just like it was in the Ultimaker shop.

You should have left the direct sales option. Once again, this is a bad decision. Probably just because you did not want to support your customers directly, a pity, for such a great brand.

• Like 1

@Labern, the purpose is that you would/will be able to source the original Ultimaker parts closer instead of all across the globe, from a reliable reseller.

Hi Sander, i'm from Brazil. I understand you still don't have a reseller in south america, but I'm unable to buy. MakerPoint just won't send to Brazil. No shipping available. In these cases how Ultimaker will solve customer's problem? Thank you.

• Like 1

@Labern, the purpose is that you would/will be able to source the original Ultimaker parts closer instead of all across the globe, from a reliable reseller.

Hi Sander, i'm from Brazil. I understand you still don't have a reseller in south america, but I'm unable to buy. MakerPoint just won't send to Brazil. No shipping available. In these cases how Ultimaker will solve customer's problem? Thank you.

Hello Diego! / Olá Diego!

Pleasure to meet you! Allow me to address this into portuguese, since speak the same language.

Eu sou Tiago Marin,  diretor da Wishbox Technologies - representante autorizada da Ultimaker International para todo o Brasil. Já trabalhamos a um ano comercializando Ultimaker no Brasil e oferendo todo o suporte técnico, treinamento e manutenção necessários para um projeto de sucesso com a impressão 3D.

Fico sua disposição  para maiores informações e valores.

meu e-mail é tiago@wishbox.net.br.

Um abraço!

Best wishes!

Please only speak English in these sections of the forum so we can all understand. Thanks!

Thank you for your post. I'll discuss your situation with my colleague and we'll give you a solution. Thank you for your coming to our forums!

In the meantime, you should also receive the option to fill out a form which will be forwarded to our distribution department. They will pinpoint you to the right reseller which will be able to help you.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the long detailed answer. when checking your exchange rate you are using a really strange one. I checked on xe and never found an exchange rate of 1.67 during January. the highest was 1.60 and on average about 10% below yours. if I use money transfers such as Transferwise I am. still a lot cheaper. moreover I think you are exempt from the gst import tax. so overall not really a good deal . btw the Canberra reseller has no webshop only a number to call.not really he info I would like to have. would it be too hard to show some prices as well. it would give me a hint if it would be worth to bother to think about buying from there.

IGood day Folks,

We're Imaginables, Ultimaker Sales Partners based in Australia. We would like to address the concerns about pricing difference between Imaginables and Ultimaker. The exchange rate given by one of the major (big 4) Australian banks today (12/1/16) is 1.6485 (EUR to AUD), so buying an Ultimaker 2+ from Ultimaker directly (EUR1895) would be AUD 3123.97. The shipping cost on Ultimaker’s webshop for an Ultimaker 2 to Australia was EUR113.88, which is AUD187.73. So total purchase price from Ultimaker’s webshop (if you don’t get charged any other credit card/ foreign exchange fee) is: AUD3311.70.

Once the printer arrives in Australia, there will be the following charges:

GST (10% on Goods+Freight): AUD331.17

Disbursement Fee (charged by courier company): around AUD20 - 30, let’s say AUD20

Customs Entry Fee/ Australian Govt. Charges: AUD56.2

Total (GST+Fees): AUD407.37

That would make the total cost of buying directly from Ultimaker (AUD3311.70 + AUD407.37): AUD3719.07

Although as of today, our price for an Ultimaker 2+ is slightly higher, but the difference is not as much as stated in the post above. As some of you may be aware, the Australian dollar has been on a roller coaster ride lately, and since the beginning of this year, the trend is mostly downward. We have adjusted our prices several times for the past year to reflect the increase/decrease in exchange rate, but we are not able to adjust our prices too often unless the australia dollar is more stable. We do not vary our prices for ongoing small fluctuations, e.g. Say if the exchange rate worsen by 0.10 in a week’s time to be 1.7485, then it would cost around AUD3940 if someone is to purchase a Ultimaker 2+ directly from Ultimaker, but we will not be increasing our price for such weekly fluctuation.

Our current pricing for other Ultimaker printers are very similar to the cost of buying directly from Ultimaker if you consider all the tax and fees of importing directly from Ultimaker to Australia. The important advantage of buying from us (and also our resellers) is that you will get local technical support and warranty cover provided by us and our resellers across Australia.

Regarding comments of various Ultimaker distributors/resellers websites and spare parts, although perhaps not all parts are listed on theirs or our website, it doesn't mean that parts are not available. If you would like help in sourcing parts or a new Ultimaker Model just give any of our sales partners a call and I'm sure they will be able to help.

We are always striving to provide the best experience to our customers, and are always here to address any concerns, so feel free to contact us directly if you have any queries about our pricing, we are happy to help answer them.

nvm... forget this post... omg not my brightest day...

Edited by Guest

Hi @greengecko

The rate we quoted was 1.64. As we mentioned that was the rate from one of the major Australian banks , via Westpac . I'm not sure where you get 1.67. Of course XE will show a good rate, but you would never get that rate from any banks.

And yes we do pay customs taxes on our imports like everyone else.

Ultimaker has entrusted us with providing local support and warranty for all Australian customer. And we pride ourselves in delivering exceptional service.

You can see reviews from all our happy Ultimaker customers

https://goo.gl/gG5n5F

Ultimaker now allocates support tickets to the local sales partners. So If you purchase your printer through other channels, it will be difficult for the local resellers and sales partners to provide you with support you need, if anything should go wrong.

Ultimaker 2+ on the website: 1,895 euro

Ultimaker 2 through Korean reseller: 4,490,000 KRW = 3402 euro

So its 80% more expensive for the older model?

They don't even sell UM filament!

Hi Khanate, could you share with me the source of those prices?

Which resellers are you in touch with?

Thank you!

Edited by Guest

Go to the list of resellers and select Korea: https://ultimaker.com/en/resellers?c=KR

3Developper is the only choice: http://www.3developer.co.kr/

Go to the list of 3D printers: http://www.3developer.co.kr/product-cat/3dprinter/

Google "4490000 KRW to Euro"

There's only one supplier, and he seems to be heavily into price gouging with old models. I could fly to the Netherlands, buy the Ultimaker, pay import duties, and still save 500$.

Even the Japanese reseller (there is only one) charges a cool 2640 euros. That seems like your base price, 200 in shipping, 400 in import and some extra profit. Where would the Korean guy be getting his extra 760 euros in costs?

@Khanate, thank you for your message.

Let me notify my colleagues and I'll get back with you with an update!

Dear Khanate, here is an alternative reseller for you.

Edited by Guest

I must say that at first I was scared I since I bough a lot of parts directly to ultimaker but so far it's even as good, or better, than before.

I asked to my Ultimaker distributor in spain http://ultimaker.tr3sdland.com for some part numbers (got them from github ultimaker 2 bom https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker2 )

And just the day after they sent me a quote for the parts. Sooo sweet, sooo niceee.

So if you need a part, check the github bom and send an email to your distributor.

Edited by Guest

And rob a bank so you can pay it...? ;)

Does your distributor have about the same prices as UM had in their store?

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

And rob a bank so you can pay it...? ;)

Does your distributor have about the same prices as UM had in their store?

I got a alu um2 bottom part for 10€ and two fans 30x30 for 24€ aprox. I think they are quite ok. I'm just tired of bad china clones that cost double in the end. Also it's nice to be able to order by part number if tey had stock.

Oh the other prices are just like umo store, maybe 4€ higher for a full um2. So no problem there.