SandervG

Sharing some exciting news: the Ultimaker 2+

Posted · Sharing some exciting news: the Ultimaker 2+

Well, they're stressing the ease of use, the "Ultimaker experience" as a core asset. And dual extrusion as commonly known, which requires a lot of tinkering with oozing, prime towers etc. etc. doesn't go with it.

However that may be, I suspect that there will be new options for dual extrusion this year in some way or another.

• Like 1

@TheDeugd or @SandervG, Ping?

Hi @TheDeugd or @SandervG,

you wrote:

...the build speed volume can go up all the way to 24mm3/s with a 0.8mm nozzle...

How did you get to this number? Is this a theoretical value or did you do some measurements to determine the max flowrate of 24 mm³/s?

It depends on a few things, like shape, size and print profile settings.

A very small model can not be printed with 24mm³/s, mainly not because there it can not extrude more, but because the filament doesn't have enough time to cool.

So two parts of the spectrum should be kept in mind, on one end you have the capacity on how fast it can heat and extrude, on the other end the time plastic usually takes to cool down and get ready for the next layer.

Based on this we did the extrusion stress test (something like this) and we reached 24³mm/s with a .8mm nozzle.

Which does not mean everything can be 3D printed at this speed.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks, thats what i wanted to know:

Based on this we did the extrusion stress test (something like this) and we reached 24³mm/s with a .8mm nozzle.

So whats this stress test? Can you share the model?

@SandervG

So i want to repeat this stress test with my printer, can you share some more information on this test and its results?

* Can you share the model (gcode and STL file)? Some info's about settings (layer height, speed, temps and so on)?

* Pictures or even a video of the test and it's result?

It depends on a few things, like shape, size and print profile settings.

A very small model can not be printed with 24mm³/s, mainly not because there it can not extrude more, but because the filament doesn't have enough time to cool.

So two parts of the spectrum should be kept in mind, on one end you have the capacity on how fast it can heat and extrude, on the other end the time plastic usually takes to cool down and get ready for the next layer.

Which does not mean everything can be 3D printed at this speed.

Does this answer your question?

I have no doubt you reached 24³mm/s because the original UM2 feeder can easily reach 15³mm/s with a 0.4mm nozzle !

@Thor666

the original UM2 feeder can easily reach 15³mm/s with a 0.4mm nozzle
- Are you kidding?

Please show me pictures/videos of such a 15mm³/s with 0.4 nozzle print and/or its results...

To the original question:

• I want to see pictures/videos of such a 24mm³/s print and/or its results.
  • I want more information about the used model and parameters to be able to repeat this test.

Thank you for your post. Let me see if I can supply you with the requested materials :)

I had an e-mail this morning from my UM2 supplier, now stating the upgrade Kit is ready to be purchased, How many months is it,,, Not AT ALL IMPRESSED.

Well despite being very late, you should have it soon?