Runtime Stat Reset after changing filament.

Morandir

Posted · Runtime Stat Reset after changing filament.

Greetings,

I'm excited to say I've gone through my first roll of filament with a (previously) new Ultimaker 2Ext. Now that I'm loading in the new filament, I was looking for a way to reset the Material portion of the runtime stats so I can have a good idea of the meters remaining on my spool.

Is this possible? I haven't seen how, so I'm thinking I'm going to have to write meters of material used on my 2nd spool.

If not, this would be a handy feature to have. Knowing that .75kg of 2.85mm ABS is ~113m is helping me plan out my overnight prints free from worry.

There is no way to reset this on the machine unless you hack it somehow.

there is some info about it HERE

you might be interested in THIS also. It will pause the printer if the filament runs out.

A lot of people change to different filaments after just 1 print so this feature is not so useful but I could see that a roll meter would be good for those who don't.

Thank you for pointing me in this direction. I'll probably leave well enough alone when it comes to hacking the board directly. The filament monitor is an interesting add on. I'll look into it some more.

For now I just lap jointed the two filaments together w/ABS and a clamp. Seemed to do the trick and spares me from counting down remaining meters.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies