Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Morandir

Runtime Stat Reset after changing filament.

Greetings,

I'm excited to say I've gone through my first roll of filament with a (previously) new Ultimaker 2Ext. Now that I'm loading in the new filament, I was looking for a way to reset the Material portion of the runtime stats so I can have a good idea of the meters remaining on my spool.

Is this possible? I haven't seen how, so I'm thinking I'm going to have to write meters of material used on my 2nd spool.

If not, this would be a handy feature to have. Knowing that .75kg of 2.85mm ABS is ~113m is helping me plan out my overnight prints free from worry.

There is no way to reset this on the machine unless you hack it somehow.

there is some info about it HERE

you might be interested in THIS also. It will pause the printer if the filament runs out.

A lot of people change to different filaments after just 1 print so this feature is not so useful but I could see that a roll meter would be good for those who don't.

Thank you for pointing me in this direction. I'll probably leave well enough alone when it comes to hacking the board directly. The filament monitor is an interesting add on. I'll look into it some more.

For now I just lap jointed the two filaments together w/ABS and a clamp. Seemed to do the trick and spares me from counting down remaining meters.