Material feeds, will not flow

jbunch

Posted · Material feeds, will not flow

I bought 6 printers, opened the first one yesterday. Set up was pretty simple. PLA material loaded fine, but will not exit the nozzle. I tried heating the nozzle but it only gets to 50 degrees or so. I tried to contact a local expert, but it says my serial number is invalid. I hate to disassemble and troubleshoot a brand new unit. Now the fans just stopped running.

Dear @JBunch,

Thank you for your message.

6 Ultimaker's? That is a nice investment.

Could you let me know what machine you bought specifically?

Sounds like a strange collection of symptoms.

Did this occur to only 1 printer out of 6?

Looking forward hearing from you!

Dear @JBunch,

Dear @JBunch,

I just opened the 2nd one. Powered up, pressed button to continue through the set up and it bottomed out. It said it broke the Z switch and said I should contact ulltimaker.com

Posted (edited) · Material feeds, will not flow

I just opened the 2nd one. ((UM 2 GO)Powered up, pressed button to continue through the set up and it bottomed out. It said it broke the Z switch and said I should contact ulltimaker.com

Sorry about the multiple entries. I am multi-tasking and not having a good day with 3D printers.

(The captcha images popped up after I sent this, so again sorry about the multiple replies)

Edited by Guest

Just opened 3rd one: Same as first. Material feeds fine, never extrudes.

Are you hearing a clicking sound from the feeder?

Filament might be stuck at the entrance of the head. Push it with your hand when you hear clicking at the load material procedure.

When loading material, cut the filament with a pointy end to facilitate entrance.

Z switch might be something that prevents it from clicking, level the plate up by hand (turn the z-screw) locate the hole at the bottom and try to click the switch

For the first one it doesn't heat up more than 50°c?

Are you hearing a clicking sound from the feeder? Yes. It sounds like it is trying to feed but the head isn't melting it.

Filament might be stuck at the entrance of the head. Push it with your hand when you hear clicking at the load material procedure. OK

When loading material, cut the filament with a pointy end to facilitate entrance. OK

Z switch might be something that prevents it from clicking, level the plate up by hand (turn the z-screw) locate the hole at the bottom and try to click the switchI will try

For the first one it doesn't heat up more than 50°c? When I select the option to heat the head the temperature drops. When I select material feed the T rises, but still doesn't extrude.

Possibly a video or some photo's (or other visual representation) of what you are experiencing would help as well.

Thank you!

On unit 2 (with the broken Z switch) the actuator for that switch is missing so the bed bottoms out every time. There was a loose screw in the printer bed area when I unpacked it. I guess that's what it is.

On unit 3, I tried pushing the material to get it through the head. No luck. I guess I will not try any of the other units. I bought these from a company in California. Waiting for them to open to see if they can give me any help.

If you could be troubled posting some visuals perhaps we could also help.

If it would prevent you from shipping the machines back and forth that would save you a lot of efforts.

zSwitchBottomedOut.thumb.jpg.05576aa551ad05429aefd519e13ad58b.jpg

This is the picture of unit 2. The bed is bottomed out and the switch is open (if it is Normally Open) because there is no actuator screw.

zSwitchBottomedOut.thumb.jpg.05576aa551ad05429aefd519e13ad58b.jpg

5a33160da75b4_Lowheatuptemp.thumb.jpg.3b2d8766bffa7d0479d52191b3c6fdb0.jpg

This is unit 1 when I select Heatup nozzle. The temperature remains at ambient.

5a33160da75b4_Lowheatuptemp.thumb.jpg.3b2d8766bffa7d0479d52191b3c6fdb0.jpg

In case of this second picture, the Ultimaker 2 Go.

Have you tried rotating the button?

That is the indicator in which you can select a certain temperature you want the head to heat up to.

About your first picture, what do you mean with 'bottomed out'?

Unit 3: removed material and trimmed to a point. Successfully Moved material. Selected to print the earring, no material extruded.

In case of this second picture, the Ultimaker 2 Go.

Have you tried rotating the button?

That is the indicator in which you can select a certain temperature you want the head to heat up to.

About your first picture, what do you mean with 'bottomed out'?

The platten goes all the way down and grinds the motor since there is nothing actuating the z switch.

Posted (edited) · Material feeds, will not flow

Unit 3: removed material and trimmed to a point. Successfully Moved material. Selected to print the earring, no material extruded.

Is the material all the way in the printhead? Did you successfully complete the material feeding cycle?

The print head heats up?

When you select move material under maintenance, and push the material towards the printhead, can you make it extrude then?

Edited by Guest

Is the material all the way in the printhead? Did you successfully complete the material feeding cycle?

The print head heats up?

When you select move material under maintenance, and push the material towards the printhead, can you make it extrude then?

On unit 3, I successfully loaded the material, I successfully fed material, the print head heated up. I cannot force the material to extrude.

You have to rotate the button to actually feed the material that way.

Same for heating up nozzle, you have to rotate and select a temperature...