Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
jbunch

Material feeds, will not flow

I bought 6 printers, opened the first one yesterday. Set up was pretty simple. PLA material loaded fine, but will not exit the nozzle. I tried heating the nozzle but it only gets to 50 degrees or so. I tried to contact a local expert, but it says my serial number is invalid. I hate to disassemble and troubleshoot a brand new unit. Now the fans just stopped running.

Dear @JBunch,

Thank you for your message.

6 Ultimaker's? That is a nice investment.

Could you let me know what machine you bought specifically?

Sounds like a strange collection of symptoms.

Did this occur to only 1 printer out of 6?

Looking forward hearing from you!

Dear @JBunch,

Thank you for your message.

6 Ultimaker's? That is a nice investment.

Could you let me know what machine you bought specifically?

Sounds like a strange collection of symptoms.

Did this occur to only 1 printer out of 6?

Looking forward hearing from you!

I just opened the 2nd one. Powered up, pressed button to continue through the set up and it bottomed out. It said it broke the Z switch and said I should contact ulltimaker.com

I just opened the 2nd one. ((UM 2 GO)Powered up, pressed button to continue through the set up and it bottomed out. It said it broke the Z switch and said I should contact ulltimaker.com

Sorry about the multiple entries. I am multi-tasking and not having a good day with 3D printers.

(The captcha images popped up after I sent this, so again sorry about the multiple replies)

Edited by Guest

Are you hearing a clicking sound from the feeder?

Filament might be stuck at the entrance of the head. Push it with your hand when you hear clicking at the load material procedure.

When loading material, cut the filament with a pointy end to facilitate entrance.

Z switch might be something that prevents it from clicking, level the plate up by hand (turn the z-screw) locate the hole at the bottom and try to click the switch

For the first one it doesn't heat up more than 50°c?

Are you hearing a clicking sound from the feeder? Yes. It sounds like it is trying to feed but the head isn't melting it.

Filament might be stuck at the entrance of the head. Push it with your hand when you hear clicking at the load material procedure. OK

When loading material, cut the filament with a pointy end to facilitate entrance. OK

Z switch might be something that prevents it from clicking, level the plate up by hand (turn the z-screw) locate the hole at the bottom and try to click the switchI will try

For the first one it doesn't heat up more than 50°c? When I select the option to heat the head the temperature drops. When I select material feed the T rises, but still doesn't extrude.

In case of this second picture, the Ultimaker 2 Go.

Have you tried rotating the button?

That is the indicator in which you can select a certain temperature you want the head to heat up to.

About your first picture, what do you mean with 'bottomed out'?

In case of this second picture, the Ultimaker 2 Go.

Have you tried rotating the button?

That is the indicator in which you can select a certain temperature you want the head to heat up to.

About your first picture, what do you mean with 'bottomed out'?

The platten goes all the way down and grinds the motor since there is nothing actuating the z switch.

Unit 3: removed material and trimmed to a point. Successfully Moved material. Selected to print the earring, no material extruded.

Is the material all the way in the printhead? Did you successfully complete the material feeding cycle?

The print head heats up?

When you select move material under maintenance, and push the material towards the printhead, can you make it extrude then?

Edited by Guest

Unit 3: removed material and trimmed to a point. Successfully Moved material. Selected to print the earring, no material extruded.

Is the material all the way in the printhead? Did you successfully complete the material feeding cycle?

The print head heats up?

When you select move material under maintenance, and push the material towards the printhead, can you make it extrude then?

On unit 3, I successfully loaded the material, I successfully fed material, the print head heated up. I cannot force the material to extrude.