Chaos print of UM Original

mbmoe

Posted · Chaos print of UM Original

Hi,

yesterday my UM Original - while printing a bigger model - suddenly went another way. Than I made some test prints and allways got "chaos prints".

Chaosprint.thumb.jpg.23a2dd391a06fb95c3d91df8d32ad097.jpg

Enclosed image of a belt tensioner with the print result. All belts an screws of the printer seem to be fixed well. It has the latest firmware.

Please help me

Arne

Posted (edited) · Chaos print of UM Original

I should also mention that the printer has Ulti-Controller. But it is now printing such chaos with or without controller. The printer has been working fine for 2 1/2 years - just having normal issues.

Any suggestions - maybe the stepper driver? Did anyone have or heard about stepper driver issues?

Thanks for help

Arne

Edited by Guest

Posted · Chaos print of UM Original

assuming the tightening of the screws are done well (check with a drawn line over them with a pen) you can also check if the fan underneath the electronics board is running. If the fan does not run you will notice already in the second layer the print can shift.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies