Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
gareee

Has anyone tried the clear argos filament from amazon?

I want to try some clear prints once I get my printer, and saw argos filament at amazon for a good price compared to other brands.

Has anyone tried this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012YDB4VY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1452369052&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=clear+filament+1.75mm&dpPl=1&dpID=41xBuVFBJeL&ref=plSrch#immersive-view_1452369264712

Also has anyone seen transparent green filament anywhere at a good price?

I know this doesn't answer your question as I haven't tried it but...

If it's a new printer then I would stick to the good stuff till you get used to it.

Colorfabb, faberdashery, diamond age, etc.. cheap stuff can sometimes be good but can also cost you in the end from all the failed prints or ugly finish.

You are up for a lot of learning so adding a dodgy filament could make this process a lot more frustrating.

Edited by Guest

It's still food for thought. If someone has used it and it's good, it's worth asjing. If it's junk though, I'd rather avoid the headaches.

I also have no concept of how much you can print from one spool, and I've yet to figure out how you add the supports for overhangs n such. I though the Cuda had some function to add them, but a half hour poking around it didn't reveal anything visual indicating such.

I've been trying to find tutorials on prepping objects for print, but most are 2-3 years old, and probably out of date compared with current software.

The comments on amazon made this sound like good quality, but they were not by ultimaker owners.

Just remember to check:

The link you provided it's for 1.75mm filament. Ultimaker uses 2.85mm. Argos on amazon usa sells 3mm filament and doesn't clarify if it's actually 2.85mm or 3mm. I would just drop an email to Argus and just ask them.

To try new filaments it's always a good idea to get samples from the seller. Or just google the brand and check the prints from oher people.

And temember that on the filament world, cheap stuff usually prints badly.

For me, on europe I use Faberdashery, Smartmaterials and Colorfabb and for bad prints (just to trash prototypes) I use BQ.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1