Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
djrodimus

Maker Select Pro - Changing Print Speed Does Nothing?

Hey guys, I just picked up a Monoprice Maker Select Pro printer and its working really well. Prints from Cura in both ABS and PLA look amazing... Only one problem is I can't do anything to adjust time other then reducing layer height and shell. No other settings in Cura make any difference...not even print speed. I can set print speed to 30mm or 150mm and the print time is exactly the same.

Also Cura's print time estimated is 100% accurate for my printer...tested it on about 10 prints with a stop watch.

Any ideas as to why I can't speed up my printer using Cura?

See the screen shots below and how the estimated print time remains the same.

140print.thumb.png.06fa282ec8c05b815e184f8f608cc9fc.png

30print.thumb.png.d5f76b8626ee3f5b04b8b6e3788aedb9.png

thanks!

140print.thumb.png.06fa282ec8c05b815e184f8f608cc9fc.png

30print.thumb.png.d5f76b8626ee3f5b04b8b6e3788aedb9.png

There's a parameter in Cura (avanced tab) called minimal layer time. On such a small piece the default value is probably high enough.

So basically if a layer takes less time to print then it slows down automatically.

You can either reduce that value (or set to 0) but on some prints it can be a problem (small pointy things for example)

Well your advanced tab is the reason.

You have specified some speeds for infill, top/bottom, inner and outer shells, and these settings override the print speed setting.

If you want to only manage speed with the print speed setting you must set the other speed settings to 0 (not for bottom layer speed)