Does the Ultimaker 2+ make reliable prints at 25 micron resolution?

abaker1617

Posted · Does the Ultimaker 2+ make reliable prints at 25 micron resolution?

I've been warned away from the Ultimaker 2+ by a vendor on 3DHubs.com because I wanted a 25 micron figurine from the Ultimaker 2+, and I was told he never uses any resolution lower than 100 microns because the "25 micron figurine doesn't produce reliable prints, and isn't worth pursuing at that resolution."

Any help in this question would be greatly appreciated - it's guiding a major purchasing decision.

Posted · Does the Ultimaker 2+ make reliable prints at 25 micron resolution?

Hi,

25 micron is very very small for any FDM printer out there. But I'd say that if one printer is able to achieve that resolution reliably then it would be the Ultimaker 2+. Since you can change nozzle sizes, you would be able to pick a small nozzle and print with it.

You just need to be realistic about resolution. Any technology has its limits.

If you can share the figurine, I am sure some users here would love to try their hand at printing it. Then you can decide for yourself.

And one more thing, the people on 3DHubs.com are not vendors. Most are just private users that happen to have a 3D printer so quality and experience does vary greatly.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies