Filament Feeder In Reverse When Loading New PLA

parosales

Posted · Filament Feeder In Reverse When Loading New PLA

I had a successful first print from the preloaded SD card on the Ultimaker 2 Extended+. I installed Cura to get a few files from my laptop, which prompted a firmware update. I updated, but couldn't load new filament after. The feeder gear is spinning in reverse (counter-clockwise) when the machine asks to load filament.

I tried conversely feeding the filament when "removing," which does make its way to the nozzle, but when starting a new print, the filament does not extrude and ends up being spit back out from the feeder.

I also reset the printer to factory settings, but is there a way to reset the firmware or any way to get the feeder to spin the correct way?

Posted · Filament Feeder In Reverse When Loading New PLA

Hi,

If you are using the 2+ make sure to use Cura 15.04.4 that you can download here.

Select your model (Ultimaker 2 Extended +) then upload the firmware. It seems to me that you have uploaded a firmware for the "old" Extended which has a different feeder!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies