bondtech

Printing with Ninjaflex on Ultimaker 2 Extended

Posted · Printing with Ninjaflex on Ultimaker 2 Extended

I have now started to test printing with flexible materials on the Ultimaker 2.

It works very reliable now at 60 mm/s, 0.20 mm layerheight, 0.4 mm nozzle, 240C nozzle temp. The original feeder is replaced by the Bondtech QR Extruder that have very high feeding force and very low filament deformation.

Watch the video for more information.

• Like 3

This looks very nice and quality looks good, but it's a simple shape that doesn't require any travel moves or retractions which i guessing would be another story.

Did you oil the Bowden tube?

This looks very nice and quality looks good, but it's a simple shape that doesn't require any travel moves or retractions which i guessing would be another story.

To be fair you could have said the same here https://ultimaker.com/en/community/19285-um-2-and-filaflex?page=last#reply-133112

To be fair you could have said the same here https://ultimaker.com/en/community/19285-um-2-and-filaflex?page=last#reply-133112

Well he showed a robot with travels and retractions. So i didn't need to :)

Posted (edited) · Printing with Ninjaflex on Ultimaker 2 Extended

A robot with no hands, probably because retractions where off. No hands, no retractions :D

"Feeder pressure set to minimum, 0.8 mm nozzle, 0.2 mm layer, 15 mm/s, 225°C, no retraction, some drops of oil, no modifications to the feeder"

I mean. The other post was "Looks like some items should print just fine." but this it's "a simple shape that doesn't require any.." Sorry, don't want to bother, but let's be fair

Edited by Guest

Probably but i would think if there was no retractions there would be a big blob there. I wasnt meant to be hard on Bondtech. I know both extruders are not the ideal situation for this situation. and we both know that the way to go is with a setup like Olsson's for flex materials.

For me any extruder its poor compared to the Foehnsturm mini direct drive. That's my dream extruder. Someday...

No oil in the bowden tube, and you are correct, retracts will create more challanges but there are more tests coming.

• Like 1