Mysterious loose cable

assistiveMatt

Posted · Mysterious loose cable

Greetings!

I recently installed a new Olsson block on my UM2 and think I have inadvertently damaged the temp sensor as I am now receiving a temp sensor error upon heating up the hot end. I understand that this is fairly common when replacing the block so have already ordered a replacement sensor.

In preparation for the new sensors arrival I thought I would open the bottom panel of my UM2 and have a look at the PCB and connections.

I have come across a loose cable and at first thought may be the cause of my temp error but soon realised that this connector is not the Temp2 cable responsible for detecting the temperature of the hot end.

Can anyone shed any light on what this cable is for and if it should just be left unconnected??

Many thanks,

Matt

Is it red and brown? If so, you can ignore it, it should be left unconnected.

As for the error. Make sure your temperature sensor and heater is fully inserted and held firmly in place. Also check that the block or nozzle does not touch any part of the fan shroud.

It is red and brown, thank you.

I have checked and double checked the the sensor/heater and have ensured that the fan shroud is not touching the block or nozzle.

The error appears as soon as you switch on the machine now.

I will install the new sensor as soon as it arrives and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies