Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
PrintingDutchman

Loosing material settings Ultimaker 2+

Hallo,

First let me introduce myself.

i'm kees form the netherlands and just bought me an ultimaker 2+ after owning a ultimaker 2 for over a year.

my problem:

When i finsch leveling the bed of my printer it asks me what material i use...

This has nothing to do with leveling the bed. I can select 1 of 3 default material settings,

PLA - ABS - CPE. when i select PLA it will change the setting to PLA ans ask me what i want to print.

When i go back to the material tab all my own saved settings are deleted.

Its realy annoying that i ceep loosing those settings this is anything but normal behavour for this printer.

The ultimaker 2 was just leveling and done like you would expect.

Have any of you got a solution? or the same problem?

Thnx! Kees

Hi @PrintingDutchman,

Welcome to the forum! Awesome name ;)

It sounds like you go through the first run wizard every time.

In this wizard it assumes you turn on your Ultimaker 2+ for the first time, and helps you get started. Once you have completed the cycle, including selecting a material you have the option for future references to just only relevel the bed. You don't need to go through the entire wizard again. Go to maintenance, build volume.

As you probably know from your Ultimaker 2, you shouldn't need to level it a lot.

This should be a completely separate action from changing your material.

Which you can as well, under 'materials'.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

If my description does not match your workflow, could you step by step explain your workflow?

Thank you!

I'm bumping this, I'm actually having the same issue and it crashes my machine occasionally (UM 2+) -- I reinstalled the firmware running Cura 15.04.4, Should I try that again? I agree with SandervG it thinks I'm going through the initial setup phase every time I level the bed, but on step 21 when it says Ready to Print, sometimes it just freezes up and the lights go off, but the LCD remains lit.

Hi @Rumbaughsm, I appears like you have stumbled upon a bug.

I have received the following as a temporarily work around until the issue is fixed:

The user is able to save all custom material profiles via the menu Material —> Settings —> 'export to SD’. After a bed levelling procedure all custom settings can be reloaded via the menu Material —> Settings —> 'import from SD’.

Thank you!