Feeder on UM2 Extended spin in wrong direction during loading / unloading the filament

mindobjects

Posted · Feeder on UM2 Extended spin in wrong direction during loading / unloading the filament

Hi community,

Just having a new UM2 Extended. After printing 2 samples (robot and 8mm3) correctly, I have update do latest firmware version and now I try to print the cup sample.

As you can understand I'm arrived to load one time the filament, but never since. :angry:

I have the latest version of the Firmware 15.04.4 and I have bought my machine assembled. I have not touch it.

Any idea ? I have try to look at advanced setting and used the Insert Material option, same thing when normally loading the motor turn to eject and when normally unloading the motor turn in get filament mode.

Another thing I have read that filament must be pull "firmly" on inside the loader, is there any plan to have a loader that is more "human" compliant :)

I'm really don't understand what happened, from now I just can't do any print :( ? Any help will be greatly appreciate.

Alan

Posted · Feeder on UM2 Extended spin in wrong direction during loading / unloading the filament

Do you have the um2+ extended and loaded the firmware for the normal um2 extended (or the other way around)?

If you have the big white feeder on the back it's a um2+. If you have the small black feeder is the older um2.

• Like 1

Do you have the um2+ extended and loaded the firmware for the normal um2 extended (or the other way around)?

If you have the big white feeder on the back it's a um2+. If you have the small black feeder is the older um2.

Ultiarjan, thanks so much for your quick answer.

Sorry I get the um2 extended and I have install the um2 extended+. I have download the latest version of Cura. I have the small black feeder so I have the "older" (by less then 2 months :) ) um2.

I have install the version for um2 extented and now it works ! Thanks so much "master" ultiarjan for your quick reply and help.

I have just install firmware and it works fine now !

Just an idea: It would be great if Cura or the printer could check model before installation of firmware.

Alan