When is the U2+ "New Material Feeder" going to be available to buy?

Posted · When is the U2+ "New Material Feeder" going to be available to buy?

Love my U2 Extended -- regretfully bought it right before the U2+ came out -- and the only real frustration with it is the material feeder.

Know I read that the new material feeder was going to be available Jan/Feb time-frame for those of us with U2s -- but haven't heard anything about it -- and don't see it on the pieces we can buy from the re-seller sites.

So -- any word on this would be appreciated -- will buy one in a heartbeat...

Thanks!

//L2

Good news that it is going to be available at all so will be interested in the answer as to when ... but wondered if this also pertained to the change in the fans configuration that resulted in "optimized airflow"?

Hi, the extrusion upgrade kit will be available in March.

We mentioned Q1, so the stretch is a little bit longer than Jan- Feb.

With it you'll be able to upgrade your Ultimaker 2 (Extended) into an Ultimaker 2 (Extended) +.

So just a little bit more patience is required, thank you!

Posted (edited) · When is the U2+ "New Material Feeder" going to be available to buy?

Hi, the extrusion upgrade kit will be available in March.

We mentioned Q1, so the stretch is a little bit longer than Jan- Feb.

With it you'll be able to upgrade your Ultimaker 2 (Extended) into an Ultimaker 2 (Extended) +.

So just a little bit more patience is required, thank you!

That  is great...it sounds like that might include the cooling upgrade? ...and will the same work with a regular UM2?

Edited by Guest

It does! Everything from the feeder till the nozzle.

What do you mean with the regular UM2? The upgrade is to convert any of the 'regular' 2 Family into a 2+. So both Ultimaker 2 and Ultimaker 2 Extended.

Regular! Ultimaker 2. That is good news...except that I already have the Olson Block installed. Is the cooling assembly independent of the new nozzle...and is the new nozzle the same as what I already have from 3DSolex? How much will we be spending?

The Extrusion upgrade which is going to be launched will be the entire set from feeder to nozzle. So it will have the Olsson Block as well, and the stronger heater and more accurate PT100 and much more. Can't say anything yet about the price.

The place I get my parts from told me it will be available March 9th for $395.00 USD

395?

Ptfe tft solex 16€

Metal thingy instead of spring 20-40€?

New fan cap 30-50€?

Olsson 95€

Pt100+ 30-50€?

Egeared extruder ??!?

What else makes it a +?

395?

Ptfe tft solex 16€

Metal thingy instead of spring 20-40€?

New fan cap 30-50€?

Olsson 95€

Pt100+ 30-50€?

Egeared extruder ??!?

What else makes it a +?

The holes in the wooden backplate from the UM2+ frame are drilled different than the original UM2 to fit the new feeder. So you'll get a wooden plank too for your 393 USD probably. ;)

I thought that they where going to add an adapter

I forgot to add 35W heater 30€

@neotko: Add all the pieces of the printhead, including bearings, bowden, the new feeder motor etc, as @SandervG said above it is going to be "the entire set from feeder to nozzle."

@frederiekpascal: i am pretty sure there will be an adapter rather than having a end-user having to swap the whole back plate of the printer, since it would be a incredibly much harder process than just supplying a adapter or a template for drilling the extra holes ;)

• Like 1

New feeder motor? I though that the motor was the same but with a geared addon? And full printhead? Well that's really different. So it's a more 'plug' and play with less stuff to disassemble? It make's sense indeed.

New feeder motor? I though that the motor was the same but with a geared addon?

Yes, it's a different motor. The most obvious change is 200 steps on the new vs 400 on the old.

• Like 1

So more torque 1.8 motor. Nice. I have a few of those on a box.

Posted (edited) · When is the U2+ "New Material Feeder" going to be available to buy?

Hey @meduza @IRobertI one question...

If that kit comes with ALL that...

Won't that be a direct plug/install upgrade for umo+ users??

Ofc, with the printed top to change the x/y that's different. And a printed thingy to hold the motor.

Edited by Guest

@neotko yes I think it can be very interesting for umo users... it's indeed a complete plug and play kit... even comes with new xy axes.... also if your um2 is a bit older this kit will give it a nice refresh.

@frederiekpascal the kit has a metal adaptor plate.

• Like 1

Well that's nice!

Where I said umo it should be umo+ probably. As you need the um2 board for the pt100 to work out of the box.

• Like 1

Does it come with fans, etc etc? Because if so, that's a really nice umo+ upgrade. Like, really really nice.

Well @ultiarjan the heat sensor on umo it's also 3mm like the pt100. The problem would be to connect the fans (it might work since it's a 19V board) and the 5v hotend fan. And also to print an adapter for the thermocupler amplifier. Anyhow that sounds quite doable.

Hey!! WHY NOONE SAID THIS EARLIER!?

Ok if the x/y are on the pack.....

A umo+ with new printed sideblocks, could use the same friking print area of um2!! Well, even a bit more since the fans can't hit the sides. So an extra mm for umo+

Ok ok... Please @ultimaker why this wasn't explained before!! Omg....

Now I want that pack.... ^o^!

Edited by Guest

@neotko ha ha nice to see you so exited.... yes I think the kit is nice for many people...

• Like 1

@neotko: Yep, with this upgrade kit and my printed adapter (https://www.youmagine.com/designs/um2-printhead-top-for-umo) it would be a almost complete upgrade for a UMO+ (just add a custom printed or plywood piece to mount the feeder, should be easy to design for laser cutting), and if you could get the UM2 slide blocks you would also get some extra print area :-)

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1