Papabear1609

Problem with starting my print

Posted · Problem with starting my print

Hi,

can somebody please help me.

Ive made a design i would like to print in spaceclaim, i then save the file and open the .stl in cura which i then save to the sd card but when i try and print it, the nozzle starts printing right on the corner of the machine.

In cura it shows that the model is in the centre of the printing area, why does it not go into the centre as shown in the cura program.

This is not the first time ive had this issue. WHY is this happening??

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

When you say it starts printing in the corner, is just extruding filament as part of the priming initiation or does it actually print the entire model there?

If the latter then it would helpful if you could post the first 30 or so lines of your gcode, including the first few lines after the comment ';Layer:0'

What does it look like in cura if you switch over to layer view? (button in the top top right corner -> Layer view).

Also, have you chosen the correct printer type?

In Cura's "Machine Setting" there is a checkbox "Machine Center 0,0". In my setup this is unchecked. Could checking it have such an effect?

Lol, i did this once and chose the umo, and wondered why it was always trying to print in the air!

It looks fine in Cura, it is also centered on the build plate,

i have also chosen the ultimaker 2 as the machine so that is correct.

I have unchecked that box now and will try to print.