Extrusion slowing over time

Mazda695

Posted (edited) · Extrusion slowing over time

My printer has been great the last four day since I got it in the mail.  I have been printing things non stop since then.  Two things:

One:  The motors are getting louder, Can I do maintenance on them and how?

Two:  The extrusion is getting slower.  The infill use to be solid, now it's getting crappy, but I still get the fillament motor skipping on the initial layer. Weird thing is the initial string of pre-extrusion right before any print has been getting smaller too and curling around the head.

My setting have not changed:

Layer Height: .06

Shell Think:  1.2

Bot/Top:  1

Fill Den : 25

Print Speed: 50

Initial Lay T:  .3

Initil lay H:  100

Cut off:  0.0

Dual Ext:  .15

Travel Spe:  150

Bottom Lay Sp:  15

Infill Sp:  0.0

Top/Bot Sp:  0.0

Outer Shell Sp:  15

Inner Shell Sp:  20

Minimal lay Tim: 5

I have taken apart the extruder head and the entier filimant delivery setup, nothing has changed since my first print.

What do I need to do to clean up the noise and fix the extrution problem.20160223_205154.thumb.jpg.db5bda7a6b570204620e00db1433bcfa.jpg

20160223_205154.thumb.jpg.db5bda7a6b570204620e00db1433bcfa.jpg

Edited by Guest

Hi,

What is the printing temperature?

Do you have values in the advanced tab for speeds? Infill speed?

The walls look correct from what i see

I put infill speeds from the advanced location in my initial post. The printing temperature and all settings within the automaker itself is from the manufacturers factory settings. The walls do come out good but remember that the walls are being printed slower in my settings. The infill is slowly getting worse. It makes no sense to now slow the printing of the infill to match the slowing of the filament. I want to correct the problem not bandage the symptoms.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Extrusion slowing over time

Oops i missed that you posted these settings.

One thing to pay attention too is not to have a big difference in speeds to avoid acceleration decelerations.

With your settings you should be able to have a good infill and shells by setting the speed to 50 - 40 and outer shell to 40 - 30

Oops i missed that you posted these settings.

One thing to pay attention too is not to have a big difference in speeds to avoid acceleration decelerations.

With your settings you should be able to have a good infill and shells by setting the speed to 50 - 40 and outer shell to 40 - 30

I print with cura default settings and get the same result.

About the speeds, I did not get good shells at 40-30. They where rough and messy. 15 printed best for high quality.

Edited by Guest

Since the printer is so new, it could be as simple as some gunk in the nozzle causing issues. Try a couple of Atomics and see if that clears it up:

http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/10-the

Since the printer is so new, it could be as simple as some gunk in the nozzle causing issues. Try a couple of Atomics and see if that clears it up:

http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/10-the

I did this a couple times and still nothing. It comes out clean and nice. I just increased the material flow to 115% and it seems to patched over the problem. I just wish I knew the problem so I can fix it.

Increasing the flow is not a good workaround....

I guess you are printing with the silver PLA delivered with the machine?

Have you tried with other filaments?

Something is blocking the extrusion or reducing it, either it's temperature related or something on the path of the filament (feeder, bowden, teflon, head)

try setting the infill to 24%. It looks like less material but both directions are printed in one layer. At 25% directions are printed every other layer.

Don't worry this used to happen to me all the time, you just need to do more proper atomic pulls. like up to 30 if need be! and do another 5 or 6 after it looks good. use white and look real close for ANY imperfections. you must have either had a jam at one point that wasn't serious that burnt the material in the nozzle. Don't ever increase temps to offset a blocked nozzle, you will just end up completely blocking it and making your nozzle cleaning routine job harder in the long run. I call what you have a slow jam, its not apparent first and everything prints fine but eventually completely jams and doesnt finish the print.

Once you learn what blocks your nozzle, i.e. too low temps or long print with too high temps and slightly blocked nozzle, or changed material without flushing enough new material through....you'll soon learn. Atomic pulls are not necessary unless you get jams. I havent done any since the start of december and i've used than 7 different materials of different consistencies, transparent, old um filament and colorfabb (plain ones, not woodfill/carbon/fx mats or stuff like that though), and have had no real issues. I think i did one just out of curiosity because i wanted to see how my new machine sounded in comparison to my old. I used to do atomic pulls before each print and it drove me nuts! Not anymore, but you need to be able to do them just in case.just make a cup of tea and do like 30 in a row, it will take a while but its the only way to learn. An hour later you'll be a pro and will be able to leave you printer knowing it wont get jammed. This is also another issue of printing on the roll, if it gets snagged its likely you'll get a jam sooner or later. Its bound to happen, I have many filament that arrived tangled on the roll. I've just given up printing like that and have never looked back.

Edited by Guest