Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
umagi

Where can I get Ultimaker PCB support?

Hi,

My Ulticontroller v2.1 blew up due to what I thought was an ESD discharge when touching the knob. This fried the

U3 chip on the PCB (the PCA9306 chip: Dual Bidirectional I2C Bus and SMBus Voltage-Level Translator) which I replaced myself.

With the repair, things appeared to go well for a moment, but then the U3 chip started smoking... again.

I start tot suspect that there must be another underlying problem to this and that the ESD I first got was just a symptom and not a cause.

Does anyone know where I can can PCB debugging support for my self-built Ultimaker 2 ? What can cause this U3 chip to get smoked like that?

Many thanks...

Edited by Guest

I don't think the supplier will be of any help. He's just a vendor. I was hoping to get some pointers from one of the Ultimaker hardware design engineers, or any other experienced electronics design engineer who is familiar with the Ultimaker schematics. But I know that's just wishful thinking...

My PCBs are indeed from China, but are of high quality, and certainly look genuine enough to qualify as "real". I'm wondering where Ultimaker sources its PCBs?