neone

this kinda blew me away ...competition fees

Posted · this kinda blew me away ...competition fees

Someone made the suggestion some time ago to enter competitions to receive some feedback around some designs I have made.

This is not really my style but ooh well, I looked into it a bit yesterday and it kinda blew me away... Alice in wonderland kinda style.

Turned out you have to pay an entrance fee, and now for the twilight zone part, you have to pay gigantic fees when you do win such a competition. O_o

Red dot, if design, you name it, they all do it.

So in my case I would pay for something and then hope to god that I don’t win that prize or I would go bankrupt lol

This is starting to get ridiculous if you ask me.

Or am I missing something here?

wow what a rip off. So you are paying for your own prize then.

I wonder if they also accept bribes to loose so you don't have to pay the winners fee. :)

With red dot , looking at the wimners, I always had the feeling companies could just buy these awards...

I do like the Essen museum....

So you are paying for your own prize then.

it certainly feels that way. It left me rather stunned, not to mention quite disappointed. I really thought these prices were more content wise related.