Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
aero3d

Control Wheel Spindle

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the control wheel spindle.  The control wheel on my Ultimaker 2 is slightly off centre and can be seen when spinning it.  In fact, as I turn it the wheel catches on the lower right side of the housing and makes it difficult to turn.  Others I have tried the wheel spins freely but not on mine.  I believe the spindle is slightly off centre so need to source another one.

Thanks.

Edited by Guest

have you tried to look underneath the printer if the panel where the wheel is attached to can be shifted a little?

because: is the hole in the wheel off centre or is the placement in the front panel off centre?

Good point.  I can see when turning the control wheel that it is off centre and wonky, Definitely the spindle. Need to get hold of a new one. I'll try support as the machine is only 4 months old.  Thanks.

Edited by Guest

It could also be that the nut that holds the encoder in place has been tightened a bit too hard. Push the knob off by using a screw driver from the inside of the printer, through the small hole in the transparent case. Then try loosening the nut you see in there a quarter turn or so. See if that helps.

Thanks iRobertl. Unfortunately that has made no difference. I have tried ever so slightly bending the spindle but realise it is very soft (aluminium) so don't want to make it worse. It definitely needs a new spindle so still looking for one.

You can try to print it?

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker2/blob/master/1244_Knob_Front_(x1)/B1244-B2P-A.PDF

Also with the part number '1244-knob-front' you could order one from any ultimaker distributor afaik...

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker2/blob/master/1245_Knob_Housing_(x1)/B1245-B2P-A.PDF

Edited by Guest