Upgrade your Ultimaker 2 with the Extrusion upgrade

SandervG

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Upgrade your Ultimaker 2 with the Extrusion upgrade

FYI, Seems the Italians started to sell the + feeder separately for 99,-

Pretty interesting if you have a relatively new UM2.

http://www.shop.creatr.it/en/um2-spare-parts-and-upgrades/201-feeder-upgrade-ultimaker-2.html

Thanks. Yes correct although please call us Creatr. Not all Italians sell the plus feeder for € 99 + vat...
  • Like 1

Posted (edited) · Upgrade your Ultimaker 2 with the Extrusion upgrade

FYI, Seems the Italians started to sell the + feeder separately for 99,-

Sorry, to be pedantic (the german in me you know...) in two threads but: 99 excluding taxes.

for € 99 + vat...

:)

Edited by Guest

Can someone from Ultimaker advice on the production status of these upgrade kits ?

I ordered mine from iGo3D in Germany on 15th March and they seem to have no idea when to expect delivery of the kits from Ultimaker.

Can someone from Ultimaker advice on the production status of these upgrade kits ?

I ordered mine from iGo3D in Germany on 15th March and they seem to have no idea when to expect delivery of the kits from Ultimaker.

Wrong department, sorry. If you can touch it, i pretty much have nothing to do with it ;)

Hi @George-Saliba,

thank you for your post on the forums. Sorry to hear you are still waiting on your Ultimaker 2 Extrusion upgrade.

We have published a company update on April 20th about the leadtimes.

Follow the link if you want to read more about it, but basically what you are after is this piece:

' From April 20th on the leadtime will be 4-6 weeks and the upcoming 4 weeks we will ship out all existing orders. Get in touch with your reseller if you want more information regarding your order.'

This means the leadtime on your order should be 4-6 weeks. If you placed your order on March 15th you should receive it in the upcoming two weeks. If you need any more information feel free to ask to iGo3D or here on the forums and I'll do the best I can to help you :)

Thanks for the prompt reply SandervG ...had not seen the 'company update' before.

Looking forward to get it - also because I have a failing nozzle sensor (my fault), hope it lasts till I get the kit :)

No problem, happy to help :)

I hope you will receive it too very soon so you can continue 3D printing without a worry.

Hey guys, here is a dumb question, but.....

Do I need to recreate my gcode for models that I setup in earlier versions of CURA when my machine settings were for ultimaker2 and not ultimaker2+?

I installed the upgrade and have had issues printing one of my older files. Didn't know if maybe it was because of the question above.

Thanks,

Q

No it's the same basically what kind of issues did you have?

I am recaibrating the buildplate again, checking my rod alignment again, and doing more tests, but so far my print quality comparison between before and after the upgrade has slipped a bit. I was kind of hoping that it was a difference in the slicing and not a result of the hardware. It's nice and quiet now and it seems more dependable so far. No haggling with it to get things printing first try, but the quality is about the same a little worse so far. I will keep tweaking to see if I can get a handle on it. One model that I printed right before the upgrade printed fine, after the upgrade the print failed. I will look into possible user error issues before blaming the upgrade.

Thanks,Q

This I find very interesting:

"A new fan shroud with improved airflow. The fans are mounted horizontally instead of tilted."

Is Ultimaker saying it is better to blow down on the part rather than across the part? Does blowing down give a better finish on the perimeters and is it better at eliminating stringing with PLA?

no, but it helps airflow, if there is a bit of space after the fans before the first obstacle blocks it. the part of the fanshroud that guides the air towards the nozzle is still exactly the same.

Ok I repeat I have the Feeder/feeder Motor and Olson Block as a spare is anyone interested

I would be quite interested in a 2 go version.

That would be really nice.

Well i would also like a heated bed on it why it hasnt one while it has everything ready ,connectors on board and such , for it surprises me a little for the price.

Well the 2go power supply is significantly cheaper (and less power) than the other UM2 printers so you need to do special stuff to get it to work. But 3dsolex has a heated bed kit for the um2go for roughly 99€ (didn't check price).

not sure what you mean by "2go version". Are you referring to the "plus" upgrade?

I would be quite interested in a 2 go version.

That would be really nice.

Well i would also like a heated bed on it why it hasnt one while it has everything ready ,connectors on board and such , for it surprises me a little for the price.

I think that it can be installed on a um2go (if you mean the feeder of um2+). But mind that it will hit the spool and it won't fit on the transport box. I think they didn't release it for um2go just for that. But technically it should work, mind that you will need to mod it with printed parts (that you might need to design) to make it work.

Hi everybody,

I'm not sure if there are many people like me but I've been waiting for a few months(March...) for the upgrade kit from Igo3d and so far we still see that the kit is unavailable.

I think its faster to order a new car

In this discussion Mr SandervG mentioned that it would be a few weeks until all orders are filled.

A few weeks back i was offered a refund, before Ultimaker announcement, but decided to wait since i still want it, but i see in other suppliers the kit is available so it seems its mostly Igo3d that is impacted by the supply shortage

Am I the only one that received no news since, I am really curious on how many people are still waiting?

Can you guys at Ultimaker confirm that they have filled all backorders for the Kit?

Sorry if i sound frustrated, it more the lack of updated than anything else

Incidently, my UM2+ now refuses to keep the filament settings and I have to import from SD card every time I switch it on. Anyone else have this problem?

Do you have the standard firmware?

I have a similar problem with Tinker Gnome V16.03.1

Yes, I'm using the latest UM2+ firmware.

...confirm that they have filled all backorders for the Kit?

I can confirm that the backorders to the distributors are not filled yet.

Edited by Guest

Hi @Wlock,

Thank you for your message and thanks for being patient.

If you could send me over some details of when you bought it and where I will do my best to get some more information about the status of your order. It may be a day or two before I have a reply (I have just returned home, like an hour ago, from the Maker Faire Bay Area) so I am not in the office today.

I'm sure it won't be long, but I imagine having a slightly more accurate prediction is desirable!

Edited by Guest

You are definitely not the only one waiting. We ordered our kit here in Australia back at the start-mid march and still waiting for it. We have now been told maybe the end of this week or possible the start of June. Have to wait and see

I'm am also waiting. Ordered the day it was released.