Upgrade your Ultimaker 2 with the Extrusion upgrade

SandervG

Posted (edited) · Upgrade your Ultimaker 2 with the Extrusion upgrade

valcrow - Thanks.  That's good information.

Unfortunately I've now removed the kit and my printer is printing (as we speak) nicely again.5a331e381d546_niceprint.thumb.jpg.32152281edec826bd767d709365355dd.jpg

Overnight it has completed the next 40mm without a problem - except, I had switched off retraction as it caused the 2+ kit to jam.  It's a bit 'stringy' now - but they will clean up OK.

PRB4 - I'd noticed that as well. I had just assumed it was inaccurate, not that it would actually take longer. The previous iteration of this part (very minor changes) took 13h to print in V14. It's now saying 24h at the same speed etc. It's already had 13h - so we'll see how long. It's not a problem though if it does a decent job.

5a331e381d546_niceprint.thumb.jpg.32152281edec826bd767d709365355dd.jpg

Edited by Guest

• Replies 369
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Upgrade your Ultimaker 2 with the Extrusion upgrade

PRB4 - I'd noticed that as well.  I had just assumed it was inaccurate, not that it would actually take longer.  The previous iteration of this part (very minor changes) took 13h to print in V14.  It's now saying 24h at the same speed etc.  It's already had 13h - so we'll see how long.  It's not a problem though if it does a decent job.

I'm glad someone else has noticed the same problem, at least I know it's not just me.

Unfortunately talking 25 % to 100 % longer is not acceptable for me, as the old adage goes time is money and in this case it quite literally is.

I'll continue to investigate tonight, but some input from a Cura developer on what changed from 14 to 15 to cause this huge increase in time would be helpful?

Hi Folks,

It's been a long time since I have been on the forums. I love my printer though! :)

I have recently installed the UM2 extruder upgrade kit, but I cannot seem to find the '+' stickers. Either my kit did not include them, or (more likely), I have misplaced them, though I have looked all over and cannot find them.

I know it is a little thing and completely inconsequential, but it is really bugging me to not have the silly little '+' symbols.

Is there any way I could get new stickers sent to me?

My upgrade kit is from shop3d.ca. The printer was built by fabrc8. ... If that matters.

Thanks very much,

Krys

It should be on the bag that has the calibration card.

Thanks neotko. I will quadruple check again tonight, but I really have checked over and over again... all over. :)

It should be on the bag that has the calibration card.

Thanks neotko.   I will quadruple check again tonight, but I really have checked over and over again... all over. :)

Let me know if you have really lost it and I'll see what we can do to make sure you still get one!

Hi,

Thank you for helping out with this.

I received no updates, and the status is still processing on my order.

I hope the batch you send could at least cover the orders they took already...

After all this time, I'm starting to feel less enthusiastic about the upgrade, so I'll give it a week and ask for a refund. It was offered to me but it made sense to upgrade the printer, just did not expect it would take an absurd amount of time to receive.

@wlock did you get your order from igo3D? I too ordered from them back in March and I'm still waiting

Hi,

Thank you for helping out with this.

I received no updates, and the status is still processing on my order.

I hope the batch you send could at least cover the orders they took already...

After all this time, I'm starting to feel less enthusiastic about the upgrade, so I'll give it a week and ask for a refund. It was offered to me but it made sense to upgrade the printer, just did not expect it would take an absurd amount of time to receive.

@wlock did you get your order from igo3D?  I too ordered from them back in March and I'm still waiting

Hi, I got nothing but a nice email saying that my order will be filled asap. I did ask about the batch they were supposed to receive and this is what i got:

Sven

Jun 16 (5 days ago)

to me

Hello ,

we haven´t got any kits this week.

Sorry for the delay.

It sounds like that upgrade is not coming anytime soon and everything is said about updates is BS. SanderVG lost credibility as far as i am concerned.

If there was a delay and nothing was sent, honesty would have been to post it here.

This is all not to mention that providers loose credibility as well when they sold a kit that takes longer to deliver than a new car.

Edited by SandervG

Let me know if you have really lost it and I'll see what we can do to make sure you still get one!

Hi SandervG,

I finally was able to get back to this.  I have now quadruple checked.  I do not have them.  Either I did not get them, or Gremlins/Cats ate them. :)

Thanks so much for helping me out.  Please let me know what I need to do to make this happen.

(I really should not be this excited by stickers, but... I am!) :D

Edited by Guest

I guess we will know in one week from now why the availability of those kits is so bad.

@Krys, if you would like to send me a DM with your address I'll see if I can find some spare stickers or if our local partner does and send you an extra pack! An Ultimaker 2+ without a + would be unjust!

Hi @Wlock, thank you for your message, I am very sorry to hear you still not have received your extrusion upgrade, I am not sure why. Our apologies for the inconvenience. I'll double check with my colleagues who are in touch with iGo3D to figure out what the reason for the delay is and when you should expect your order. @George-saliba, if you would like to send me your order details in either a DM or here (whatever you prefer) I'll ask on your behalf as well.

Outlets in the UK still haven't received there order's I am so glad I decided not to wait.

Hi SandervG,

I finally was able to get back to this.  I have now quadruple checked.  I do not have them.  Either I did not get them, or Gremlins/Cats ate them. :)

Thanks so much for helping me out.  Please let me know what I need to do to make this happen.

Hey Krys,

Shop3d.ca here, we can get you that sticker if sander hasn't already sent it out. It will be faster coming local in Canada and we likely have you on file if you got the Kit from us.

If Sander hasn't already resolved it, send me a pm!

Hi @Wlock, thank you for your message, I am very sorry to hear you still not have received your extrusion upgrade, I am not sure why. Our apologies for the inconvenience. I'll double check with my colleagues who are in touch with iGo3D to figure out what the reason for the delay is and when you should expect your order. @George-saliba, if you would like to send me your order details in either a DM or here (whatever you prefer) I'll ask on your behalf as well.

Hi @SandervG

My order number at iGo3D is Order #100002133 (placed on March 15, 2016 12:37:22 AM CET) it contains just the ACUM-EXTR-UPGR-UM2+ kit. Thanks for your support.

@wlock, funnily enough (and believe it or not) I actually happened to have ordered a new car around the same time as the upgrade kit and the car just got delivered last week... but I'm still waiting for the ultimaker kit lol. Funny you mentioned just that :)

I do understand delays believe me, I'm in this same kind of business myself. The problem is really all about setting the wrong expectations.  If the upgrade kit was never announced until it was really ready for mass shipment, probably only few would be asking for it. But once the kit is announced with all the marketing hype, cool installation videos and advertised in front pages by stores, one would expect that Ultimaker has a warehouse full of these kits ready to get them out (which is not an unreasonable assumption since afaik those same parts that make the kit are used in the production UM2+). Couple of weeks delay is a somewhat acceptable annoyance but 3 months+ delay is - with all respect - ridiculous. Delays have always been a problem with Ultimaker, when I ordered the UM2 I remember waiting for a good number of weeks. Still, I love my UM2 and Cura, wouldn't change them for anything else but when I recommend Ultimaker to my friends I always put the disclamer: "you'll likely need to wait a couple of months for it!". You can do better!!

Edited by Guest
    • Like 2

Maybe they have a huge backlog in Germany, all i can say is that in Belgium the lead time is not that big, and that some have it in stock as we speak

Hi SandervG,

Hey Krys,

Shop3d.ca here, we can get you that sticker if sander hasn't already sent it out. It will be faster coming local in Canada and we likely have you on file if you got the Kit from us.

I was going to ask you anyway, so go for it! ;)

Hi @George-saliba and @Wlock, I just received an update that iGo3D will contact you both this week and the shipment of your belonged Extrusion upgrade kit will follow immediately. So you should have it shortly.

Once again I would like to apologise for the inconvenience and the delay in delivery of this item. Hopefully receiving and installing the upgrade will soon make you forget about the inconvenience and you can happily continue 3D printing.

Let me know if you have any further questions, have a good day!

Thanks @SandervG ...well actually I got contacted already by iGo3D although with a rather non-committing: "We do not have any kits on stock, we will deliver as soon as we got it on stock." lol ...I'll wait and hope for the best for now at least :)

Hopefully, and I think you will, receive a better notification this time!

@SandervG ..actually by 'already contacted' I meant this morning after your team contacted them, that was their response.

I spoke with Sven 6 days ago, maybe you can share with us who is the contact person at IGO3D, both for George and SanderVG.

Its obvious we have a communication problem.

@George, congratulations for your car :)

I also understand delays, in general i am rather patient but we are past that. This is what seems to be happening; IGO3d is the official partner from Ultimaker website after the policy change were we all get that wonderful service from partners instead of the wonderful service from Ultimaker.

Nobody was ready for the demand and the supply did not follow creating a backlog. Ultimaker is assigning resources to new printer sales instead of honoring the existing upgrade orders that have anyway been paid for.

Now its a matter of keeping us busy talking until finally the backlog is liquidated.

IGO3D that took the money and know the issues with supply so are being far more careful than our dear Ultimaker staff members, hence the reply you got this morning.

If anybody has a more logic explanation please do share

Edited by SandervG

@wlock ..yes it was Sven who replied to me this morning

Hey Krys,

Hi Valcrow.

I did not know/remember that you were Shop3d.ca.  Cool!  (Beautiful wind turbine, btw.) :)

I will pm you shortly.  I was not sure if resellers would have extra stickers/parts, or I would have gone to shop3d.ca first.

Thanks so much! :D

Edited by Guest

I was going to ask you anyway, so go for it! ;)

I was not sure if resellers had spares. :) I will pm Valcrow.

Thanks very much! :)