Upgrade your Ultimaker 2 with the Extrusion upgrade

SandervG

Posted · Upgrade your Ultimaker 2 with the Extrusion upgrade

Hey Krys,

Shop3d.ca here, we can get you that sticker if sander hasn't already sent it out. It will be faster coming local in Canada and we likely have you on file if you got the Kit from us.

If Sander hasn't already resolved it, send me a pm!

Hi Valcrow.

I did not know/remember that you were Shop3d.ca.  Cool!  (Beautiful wind turbine, btw.) :)

I will pm you shortly.  I was not sure if resellers would have extra stickers/parts, or I would have gone to shop3d.ca first.

Thanks so much! :D

I Pm'ed ya. Thanks, We're all things Canadian & Ultimaker. :D

We weren't really provided extra stickers, we just happen to have one extra due series of crazy circumstances, so you just happen to be really lucky. And I happened to just be subscribed to this thread to see it!

We do stock almost all parts though.

• Like 1

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is increasingly difficult to find particular type filaments to brick or marble or concrete or any other type of color that is different from the standard ones to the size of 2.85mm because Ultimaker continues to insist with the filaments from 2.85mm?

Why did not alter the upgrate to UM2 + this too?

In all the shops we do not find anything but filament 1,75mm all manufacturers design printers filaments from 1,75mm.

Have any of you found an interesting solution to this problem of filament diameter.

it is increasingly difficult to find particular type filaments to brick or marble or concrete or any other type of color that is different from the standard ones to the size of 2.85mm because Ultimaker continues to insist with the filaments from 2.85mm?

Why did not alter the upgrate to UM2 + this too?

In all the shops we do not find anything but filament 1,75mm all manufacturers design printers filaments from 1,75mm.

Have any of you found an interesting solution to this problem of filament diameter.

There's very little filaments that ain't available for 2.85/3mm. Also many 3dsolex distributors have olsson block/couplers so you can mod your printer to 1.75mm. I use two um2 hotends with this olssons 1.75 and I print everyday in turns of 9-10h so it works fine, with some minor adjustments.

Hi again,

Ever consider stocking the I2K thing from 3dsolex?

It seems that with that + tinkergnome, printing polycarb and/or PEEK at 270-300 should be possible without an all metal hot end. Especially now that the PTFE connector is now TFM.

Or maybe stocking that kind of stuff is not possible/interesting, or there is not enough interest?

I am just thinking that "all things Canadian & Ultimaker" would be even better if you stocked most/all the crazy and popular mod parts too. (e.g. Creatr's dual-extrusion kit, buildtak. pei tape, 1.75mm conversion kit, ... thin perfboard sheets and other alternative beds coverings, pre-cut acrylic sheets for door and top cover for ABS printing, pre-build OctoPi setups, with case, camera and UM2 mounting bits, etc.) ... But I guess that is a lot of work to set up and if no one buys them, then that would suck.

Anyway, just some thoughts from someone who prefers to buy local. :) I guess I am just dreaming out loud. :D

You can send the link to make the same change that you did?

Check 3dsolex.com and search a distributor nearby. To mod a um2 to 1.75 you need a olsson block for 1.75 + tft coupler, also I preffer to use a 6-2mm bowden and a mk7 on IRobertI feeder. At least that's what I use, probably there's more than one way to do it.

Hello Everybody,

Just to let everybody know, the upgrade is now on its way to me.

yesterday i emailed IGO3D saying i wanted a refund an two minutes later i got an email saying the upgrade kits have arrived and could be shipped.

@George, maybe you should also check with them if yours is also on it's way.

Hello Everybody,

Just to let everybody know, the upgrade is now on its way to me.

yesterday i emailed IGO3D saying i wanted a refund an two minutes later i got an email saying the upgrade kits have arrived and could be shipped.

@George, maybe you should also check with them if yours is also on it's way.

Hi @wlock ..I've just found my shipment notification too!! Finally :)

Thanks to all involved in solving this.

On https://www.igo3d.com I did not find any kit filaments 1,75mm

On https://www.igo3d.com I did not find any kit filaments 1,75mm

That's because igo3d doesn't sell everything from 3dsolex. I might be able to provide the conversion kit to you (i'm the reseller in Belgium), i just have to check in my stock if i have all the parts necessary for it. (it's not on my webshop, but if you need it i can make it happen maybe)

Hi again,

Ever consider stocking the I2K thing from 3dsolex?  

It seems that with that + tinkergnome, printing polycarb and/or PEEK at 270-300 should be possible without an all metal hot end.  Especially now that the PTFE connector is now TFM.

Or maybe stocking that kind of stuff is not possible/interesting, or there is not enough interest?

You can get those from us, we just don't list them because they aren't in a large demand in Canada. But we already stock things from them like the olsson block, so if you want something, send sales(at)shop3d.ca an e-mail with what you'd like and we can get it for you local.

You can get those from us, we just don't list them because they aren't in a large demand in Canada. But we already stock things from them like the olsson block, so if you want something, send sales(at)shop3d.ca an e-mail with what you'd like and we can get it for you local.

That's good to know. I will definitely keep that in mind. I got impatient and ordered it from Gr5 though. Sorry. :) But it's good to know about the off-menu ordering option.

Thanks again!

very unhappy customer who paid for this on March and yet to receive the upgrade kit.

We weren't really provided extra stickers, we just happen to have one extra due series of crazy circumstances, so you just happen to be really lucky. And I happened to just be subscribed to this thread to see it!

Hey gang,

Just wanted to post that the replacement stickers finally arrived. It looks like there was a mixup at the post office or something, but they eventually found there way. :)

Just wanted to say thanks very much to Valcrow and SandervG for helping me out. I have been nothing but happy with my printer and upgrade kit since I got them. (Except for the no-dual-extrusion-thing) ;p.

My upgrade is now officially complete!

• Like 1

My friends are happy with it!!!

Just upgraded my machine and Was fairly simple.

Went to print and it wouldn't extrude.

Found it was a blocked nozzle. It must be faulty or have foreign object in there as Can't even push filament through it or do atomic pull. Swapped with and old one I had and now it's printing great.

I think people just buy a 2+.

I ended up have a bit of a headache after the upgrade. All my prints were under extruding and I couldn't get it right, didn't matter what temp, speed I was running at.

I had noticed that during the material change procedure the filament wouldn't travel all the way to the end of the bowden, either removing or installing during the rapid move part.

Through some advice I was told to check the E-Steps.

This led me to find the If you Install the Tinkerware after the upgrade the e-steps dont change to the correct value. Mine were on 282 and this needed to be on 369. with this changed its now printing great.

• Like 1

did you do a factory reset after the upgrade? that would explain your issue..

• Like 1

The latest Tinkerware has that issue fixed, it seems.