UM2 sold on apple.com

frederiekpascal

Posted · UM2 sold on apple.com

The only quality product sold on apple.com!

I wont lie. My main choice for getting an Ultimaker was because of the Design. It reminded me

very much of my macbook. I by no means am an apple person, my main rig for life will be windows. But when it comes to just quality they make good products.

Posted (edited) · UM2 sold on apple.com

I wont lie. My main choice for getting an Ultimaker was because of the Design. It reminded me

very much of my macbook. I by no means am an apple person, my main rig for life will be windows. But when it comes to just quality they make good products.

I can't agree with that. We have owned 4-5 high end apple products, every one has failed pretty quickly from light to moderate usage.

All overpriced for an extra kick in the behind. We won't be buying from them again. Some of the worst software i have used too! Too bad i can't say any better for windows OS's haha

Edited by Guest

I can't agree with that. We have owned 4-5 high end apple products, every one has failed pretty quickly from light to moderate usage.

All overpriced for an extra kick in the behind. We won't be buying from them again. Some of the worst software i have used too! Too bad i can't say any better for windows OS's haha

Must be using them wrong.

I still have a gen 1 Ipod sitting around that works. My mom of all people still has her old 30gb Ipod and that works. And shes a total idiot with electronics. ( forgive me mom ).

• Like 1

I can only say good stuff about apple but they also make mistakes. I was a hardcore windows user with the classic silly 'macs haz only one button' and all that silliness. But when Apple released the windows compatible macs I jumped in and never look back. They have fixed me 3 year computers when they admitted that the board had a manufacturing error, replaced stuff blazing fast and their forums it's full of great people.

I have 2 macbooks that are 6-8 years and they work and keep working (with some hd upgrades). But most importantly I might have saved a full year of my life that would have been just looking at blue screens, hitting the keyboard angry and trying to find a working driver...

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · UM2 sold on apple.com

I still have a gen 1 Ipod sitting around that works. My mom of all people still has her old 30gb Ipod and that works. And shes a total idiot with electronics. ( forgive me mom ).

No, apple just sells overprice junk (and lie a lot on marketing). Considering i pretty much live & breath tech and I'm also anal about keeping them cleaned, cool, perfect working order, etc... i doubt i am using them wrong (i probably use them less than regular folks too). My mate works at a Apple store in Montreal. There alone he told me how many returns they have for defective Iphone's, laptops, etc, most within the 30 day too (quick swap) or right after (wait on warranty repairs).

Their older stuff was pretty good, but anything past 5-8 years is garbadge. I still have my old ipod, that thing is still kicking, same with that shuffle thing (remember the little tag ipod that came in color?). But their iphone's, tabets and laptops are pretty bad. I think we just got unlucky with the PC though. Warranty covered the repairs (bad mobo).

In all truth, it's like that for a lot of technology companies now a day (our brand new lenovo lasted 1.5 month, then the fan failed and 1 of the 2 RAM was bad, off for warranty repair... My old (old) IBM lasted 3.5 years before the HDD went bad and then another 2 years after that!), products are design to fail and parts are sub-standard (QC isn't what it used to be too). But at least with other companies I am not paying a insane markup.

All i can suggest is to buy insurance/extended warranties with expensive technology now a day. You'll save hundreds (at least).

@neotko Smartest move from Apple to have a Windows compatible PC/Laptop. Hilarious they had to do that though. As for BSOD, heh i'v had my share on older windows, haven't had one (a part from the odd one every 6 or so month) since Windows Vista. Windows has gotten a lot better, W7 is great and W10 is amazing.

Edited by Guest

holy! wow! well they sure ave some strict guidelines for what they sell! so could you say were were all apple product beta testers? haha!

congratulatuons UM, thats a pretty monumental achivement

No, apple just sells overprice junk (and lie a lot on marketing). Considering i pretty much live & breath tech and I'm also anal about keeping them cleaned, cool, perfect working order, etc... i doubt i am using them wrong (i probably use them less than regular folks too). My mate works at a Apple store in Montreal. There alone he told me how many returns they have for defective Iphone's, laptops, etc, most within the 30 day too (quick swap) or right after (wait on warranty repairs).

Their older stuff was pretty good, but anything past 5-8 years is garbadge. I still have my old ipod, that thing is still kicking, same with that shuffle thing (remember the little tag ipod that came in color?). But their iphone's, tabets and laptops are pretty bad. I think we just got unlucky with the PC though. Warranty covered the repairs (bad mobo).

In all truth, it's like that for a lot of technology companies now a day (our brand new lenovo lasted 1.5 month, then the fan failed and 1 of the 2 RAM was bad, off for warranty repair... My old (old) IBM lasted 3.5 years before the HDD went bad and then another 2 years after that!), products are design to fail and parts are sub-standard (QC isn't what it used to be too). But at least with other companies I am not paying a insane markup.

All i can suggest is to buy insurance/extended warranties with expensive technology now a day. You'll save hundreds (at least).

@neotko Smartest move from Apple to have a Windows compatible PC/Laptop. Hilarious they had to do that though. As for BSOD, heh i'v had my share on older windows, haven't had one (a part from the odd one every 6 or so month) since Windows Vista. Windows has gotten a lot better, W7 is great and W10 is amazing.

Will agree that Windows 10 is fantastic. I skipped 8 and stuck with 7 awhile.

Windows biggest issue in the past was quality control. And it's not their fault that

other companies cant make good computers and shove windows on them. Windows

name has suffered over the years because of that.

Am I the only person who has never gotten a BSOD? Or a Virus? I have owned my own PC ( first was a crap Emachine) since I was in the 6th Grade..... So about 2000/2001. Hell im not even tech savvy/programming wise.

Will agree that Windows 10 is fantastic. I skipped 8 and stuck with 7 awhile.

Windows biggest issue in the past was quality control. And it's not their fault that

other companies cant make good computers and shove windows on them. Windows

name has suffered over the years because of that.

Am I the only person who has never gotten a BSOD? Or a Virus? I have owned my own PC ( first was a crap Emachine) since I was in the 6th Grade..... So about 2000/2001. Hell im not even tech savvy/programming wise.

I know a lot of people who never had a virus/trojan, i also know quite a few who did. Every single time they were on suspicious/bad websites or downloading things they shouldn't be. But with the latest anti-virus/anti-malware i haven't had anything in at least 5+ years *knocks on wood* :D

Right now we got a chromebook II with Chrome OS to try out as a mobile internet base laptop (everyday light usage). It's very fast, very light, works like a charm. It does have a few quirks (no right click built in, you 'double tap', and a few of the menu layout is kinda weird. Took a day or so to adapt. For what it is, and how to use it, we gave it 4.5/5 stars. The price is unbeatable too!

Somehow I knew this would turn into Windows versus Mac argument :) I hear similar arguments around the office around Chevy versus Ford.

• Like 1

Somehow I knew this would turn into Windows versus Mac argument  :)  I hear similar arguments around the office around Chevy versus Ford.

It's more of a 'Apple is way overprice and sells junk' conversation. Windows isn't much better, but at least you don't pay a huge markup.

As for Ford vs Chevy... i have a 2002 mustang with 88k miles... i had to have the engine rebuilt at great cost this past month. I can't say i'm too happy with that, especially considering the low mileage and how babied the car has been. Never had a Chevy :p

Well I drive a Honda so I don't have to be in those fights :D

I noticed they are not for sale on the USA Apple site, unless I missed it?

Somehow I knew this would turn into Windows versus Mac argument  :)  I hear similar arguments around the office around Chevy versus Ford.

It's more of a 'Apple is way overprice and sells junk' conversation. Windows isn't much better, but at least you don't pay a huge markup.

As for Ford vs Chevy... i have a 2002 mustang with 88k miles... i had to have the engine rebuilt at great cost this past month. I can't say i'm too happy with that, especially considering the low mileage and how babied the car has been. Never had a Chevy :p

Who buys window computers? Most of the Windows hate comes from other companies installing and selling windows on garbage hardware.

Who buys window computers? Most of the Windows hate comes from other companies installing and selling windows on garbage hardware.

Every time you buy a computer with windows, it's a window computer (which is what i meant) ;)

Now they started turning out their own laptops/tablets, which is a relatively new thing.

Hello to All,

It's a shame that they are on the resseller list and we are not, sorry we have more expertise than Apple in 3D printing, I do it since more than 13 years. It seems that a big Company name is all. Hope for the customers, that they go to companys with experience in that, so that they can print many hours with there Ultimakers and get the best Support.

And believe me Small 3d-printshops love there Job, I think more than Apple ever can do.

We love our Ultimakers, but some things are to strange to understand.

Cheers Alexandra

• Like 2