Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
gareee

Should increasing print speed percent also cause a shift of the print forewards or backwards?

I've been trying to troubleshoot some issues, and came across this in the last day or so on my U2+ extended.

If I increase print speed say, to 150%, the entire print shifts forward 1/8th of an inch or so. If I slow it back down, it shifts back to where it originally started. This shouldn't be happening, should it? Is there a way to correct this?

I've also been having a possibly related issue of late as well. It seems one of the set screws on one of my pulleys that moves the head front to back keeps coming loose every other day. This shouldn't be happening either, correct?

I haven't come across any other posts about this issue anywhere else.

correct, you need to tighten the set screws, REALLY tight. If you use the allen wrench that came with the machine it needs to flex.... that hard. I personally use a torx screwdriver on the pully screws as I find the allen wrench to damage the screws to easily....

I'm having problems getting to them.. BUT according to my local support, if you use home head in advanced on the printer, and you cannot move the head, then those are tight.

I'm thinking I need to use more torque tightening the front to back pulley set screws. I'm also digging up my screw lock, and will add some of that as well, since this seems to be an ongoing issue for me, and that can't hurt at all.