45° overhang problem

gudo

Posted · 45° overhang problem

Hello everyone !

all my PLA prints go well whith my UM2 Extended,

the only problem I have is about 45 ° chamfer in offset and only from the bed

All Cura parameters are OK

I vainly sought a solution to this problem

there is there anyone who has had this type of defect ?

Image1.thumb.png.6c847a544df7ec87ffb48368ac67e23e.png

Image2.thumb.png.019606556c05f17ee27d1611378a54f1.png

Image1.thumb.png.6c847a544df7ec87ffb48368ac67e23e.png

Image2.thumb.png.019606556c05f17ee27d1611378a54f1.png

That's because the heat of the bed. If you really need overhangs near the bed

a) Print pla with blue tape, bed off, fans at full after layer 1.

b) If you need the Bed on, just print like you do but set fans at 100% at layer 2. For this you need to be sure the pla it's stick like glue to the bed so the fans won't unstick it. Paper towel + window cleaner and short (microseconds) 'puff' of hair spray and clean the bed with that. The print won't come out until the bed cools down to 30C and 27C to be sure. Don't try to take it out before that or you can actually dmg the glass.

Also of course you could just change the speed for the first 15 layers or so, and then change it again. But that would need more gcode tuning than what it's worth.

• Like 1

As well turn the parts 90°, so they go with the airflow. If you print 2 parts at the same time move them that they get a bigger distance it helps to get more cooling for each part. Use a bigger nozzle can helping a lot.

• Like 1

As well turn the parts 90°, so they go with the airflow. If you print 2 parts at the same time move them that they get a bigger distance it helps to get more cooling for each part. Use a bigger nozzle can helping a lot.

Hi Freeform

I try to turn yet and also to keep distance the problem stays

the only time I get a good result is when I printed a circular form with the overhang chamfer

starts on bed

20160129_095638.thumb.png.b6dd03af150764b4d880b1f7a019a9b2.png

20160129_095638.thumb.png.b6dd03af150764b4d880b1f7a019a9b2.png

What bottom layer speed do you have? Print speed?

Nozzle temp? Bed temp?

What height do the fans reach 100%

Hi Labern

PLA Silver gray from Form Futura & from Ultimaker

PLA parameters :

nozzle 0.4mm

layer thickness 0.1mm

first layer thickness 0.2mm

top/bottom shell thickness 1.2mm

nozzle temp 210°

bed temp 60°

first layer speed 20mm/s