Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
peetree

Upgrade from Ultimaker 2 to 2+ has switched the X and Y motors?

I just installed the extrusion upgrade kit to my Ultimaker 2.

Everything seemed to go normally, and I updated the firmware to 2+ as instructed.

Now, when the machine starts up the build plate leveling process, it is clear that the X and Y motors have switched. The machine moves the extruder to the left side of the build plate, centered front to back (see the picture). Of course it should move to the back, centered left-right. Then, the "X or Y switch broken" message comes up (since the extruder has clearly not engaged the switch).

I didn't remove the motor wires during installation of the upgrade as it was not required.

Should I now go back in and swap the X and Y motor wires anyway? I'm worried about creating other issues.

5a331a58730d2_2016-03-3011_13_39.thumb.jpg.551d5406beb5aa967bfb27c25211d91c.jpg

5a331a58730d2_2016-03-3011_13_39.thumb.jpg.551d5406beb5aa967bfb27c25211d91c.jpg

I think one of your switch isn't well plugged in so you've got this problem, the UM goes on security by showing this error message.

Check it and send pics yeah, we'll glad to help you then (:

OK, but what about the extruder location? That's not the correct location for the 1st step of leveling the build plate. The machine moved the extruder there, it wasn't set there from the beginning. That's why I've guessed that the X and Y motors are working as if they're swapped. I don't think there's an issue with the endstops.

Hi Peetree, sorry to hear about the difficulties during, or well after the upgrade.

Make sure to get in touch with Fbrc8 (I see a nice sticker on the bottom of your Ultimaker) and see if they can help.

By the way, it looks like you also didn't put the + sticker in place yet.

Most important part! ;)

Hi Peetree, sorry to hear about the difficulties during, or well after the upgrade.

Make sure to get in touch with Fbrc8 (I see a nice sticker on the bottom of your Ultimaker) and see if they can help.

By the way, it looks like you also didn't put the + sticker in place yet.

Most important part! ;)

I did get in touch with Fbrc8, I'm up and running now, with stickers!

• Like 1